Employer registration is open for this exciting fair focusing on students from the Weitzman School of Design interested in careers in the design fields, but open to all Penn students. Take this opportunity to showcase your internship and full-time opportunities at this FREE virtual fair.
Design Career Fair (held virtually via Handshake click here to register)
Friday, February 25, 2022, 12-5PM EST
Weitzman School of Design students are eager to make a connection with employers interested in their wide range of technical and transferable skills. Take this opportunity to participate in this event, and you can be confident that you will find the high caliber of students that you are seeking.
Participate in this FREE virtual career fair to enjoy these featured advantages:
- ACCESS TOP TALENT: Penn students are driven and engaged, and bring with them strong skills applicable to careers in design and planning fields.
- GROUP SESSIONS AND 1-ON-1S WITH STUDENTS: Once your registration is approved, you can go into your profile and indicate how you would like to meet with students – in group sessions, or individual 1-on-1 video meetings. You can select the type of students you would like to meet with, maximizing your time at the fair.
- ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN A PRESENCE AT PENN: Build a recruiting pipeline for future design candidates even if you currently don’t have opportunities
- ACCESS RESUME BOOKS for students interested in internships and full-time positions
- CREATE IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULES either before or after the career fair in coordination with our On-Campus Interview (OCI) Team. These schedules can be coordinated by our staff, and held virtually or in-person in our OCI recruiting suite located in the McNeil Building.
What is the format?
The University of Pennsylvania has decided to offer virtual career fairs for the 2021-2022 academic year. The health and safety of our students and employer partners is of the highest concern to all of us, and a virtual fair will provide an excellent avenue for students and employers to connect. Penn will be using the Handshake career fair platform as it provides many benefits including the following:
- A familiar and integrated platform which students and employers already use for job listings, information sessions and campus interviews (click here to see a virtual fair demo!)
- Flexible communication modalities including video, audio, and text
- Group sessions that help students learn about the organizations in which they’re interested during the fair
- 1:1 video appointments and scheduled interactions that allow students to form a more meaningful connection with recruiters during the fair
Please note that employers can use their own platforms (e.g. Zoom, Webex, etc. for 1:1 or group session held during the career fair.
The 1:1 sessions with students during the career fair are 10-minutes long. If you are looking for longer sessions with multiple representatives meeting with individual students, then you can select your desire to build interview schedules in partnership with the Employer Relations Team at Career Services during the registration process. The schedules can be set up the day before, the morning of, and the week after the career fair. You can use the resume book to select students to meet with.
Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process by linking their registrations to jobs they have posted on Handshake, and these will be highlighted in the pre-event outreach and marketing to students interested in attending the fair.
We encourage employers to register by Monday, January 31st. This will allow you time to set preferences on your 1:1 meetings and efficiently use the virtual interaction time.
Please reach out to Marianne Lipa (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about this virtual fair.