In this extraordinary time, Career Services is committed to serving our students, postdocs and alumni. We are prepared to provide many of our services remotely and are working closely with our employer partners to help keep you informed of their plans. Here are some of the ways we can work with you remotely:
- Appointments – Our advisers are taking appointments each week. You can choose to make an appointment by phone or via video conference. Schedule your appointments in Handshake as always, and be sure to select your preferred medium.
- Same Day Virtual “Drop Ins” – Now available! You can make same day virtual drop-in appointments. These 15-minute drop-ins will be available as an appointment type in Handshake and will be conducted by phone. Spots open each morning at 9:15am. Check Handshake for availability.
- Handshake – Apart from making appointments with our staff, check Handshake regularly as employers continue to post jobs and message students. You can also search for any virtual events that employers may be hosting!
- Career Services Newsletter – Be sure you’ve set your e-mail preferences to ensure you’re getting job postings and resources tailored to your specific interests! Receive messages daily, weekly or monthly!
- Document Review – We are continuing to review resumes and cover letters. Please follow the instructions that apply to you to ensure your documents reach the right person.
- Digital Resources – The whole of the Career Services website contains a wealth of information about industries, communities, and career development skills. For your convenience, we’ve complied some of our favorites:
We know this is a stressful time. If we can be of any assistance to you, please take advantage of the above resources or reach out to us!