Career Services welcomes you to 2021! We resume operations today with our regular hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. New appointment slots will be added into Handshake today for the coming weeks and drop-ins will be resuming. Career Services programs, as well as employer information sessions, will be starting when classes resume. All Career Services appointments, events, and programs will be offered only online (or by phone) until further notice.
While you’re enjoying the final days of Winter Break, here are a few things you can do to ease back into (or start) your career related pursuits:
- Visit our YouTube channel. We have dozens of videos on a variety of topics, from popular courses on resume writing and networking to alumni speakers and special programs for graduate students. Be sure to subscribe, so you can see new videos as we add them through the semester.
- Customize your newsletter settings. All currently enrolled Penn students served by our office are automatically signed up for our weekly newsletter. However, you can customize what appears in your personal newsletter with a few simple clicks. You can opt-in to get job postings, news, and events based on your school year, your industries of interest, or your community. Visit here to make your choices.
- Get your social on. We are active on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. If like to keep up-to-date on the newest job postings in Handshake, we have a second Twitter feed just for that!
- Mark your calendar. Look over the calendar of events on our website, as well as in Handshake. Make note of programs and info sessions you are interested in and get them on your calendar. If you will be participating in “on campus interviewing”, those dates will be posted with the jobs. Don’t forget our career fairs!
- Make an appointment. Starting today, we’re opening open appointments for the coming weeks. If you don’t see anything available right now, check again in a little bit. New appointments open up every Monday morning – most advisers book out one or two weeks in advance.
Happy new year! We look forward to working with you and, eventually, seeing you back on campus.