Engineering Career Day
Tuesday, 14th September, 2021, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Click here to register.
Organizations participating in Engineering Career Day will enjoy the opportunity to recruit highly qualified University of Pennsylvania undergraduate and graduate degree candidates and young alumni for internships and full-time employment – allowing you to build and expand your brand on campus as well as seed your talent pipeline. This event has traditionally drawn more than 1,400 candidates of all academic levels from our interdisciplinary and practice-oriented School of Engineering & Applied Science as well as from our many other NSF-classified STEM disciplines across Penn’s twelve schools. In the event registration, you are invited to tell us exactly the type(s) of candidates you wish to recruit, allowing us to drive those candidates directly to your booth.
Academic Departments represented from SEAS alone include…
- Bioengineering (consistently ranked within the top 10 Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering departments nationally)
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (with coursework and research spanning soft materials, molecular and cellular biophysics, materials simulation, advanced methods of energy conversion, and more traditional areas of chemical engineering, including transport phenomena and process design)
- Computer & Information Science (ranked in the top 20 CS departments nationally, and including Computer Engineering, digital media & graphics, networked and social systems, data science, embedded systems and CS-research specializations in AI, NLP and other growing fields)
- Electrical & Systems Engineering (educating and connecting between the physical and information world, including coursework and research in the following areas: Data Science, Autonomy, Transportation and Supply Chain, Optimization and Modeling, Scientific / Tech Management, Mixed Signal and RF Integrated Circuits, System-on-A-Chip Design, Photonics and Quantum Technology, Microsystems and Nanotechnology, and Robotics)
- Mechanical Engineering & Applied Mechanics (including Integrated Product Design, Robotics, and specialities in biophysics, mechanics of materials, thermal sciences, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), energy conversion and other advanced areas of study)
…and are complemented by an expansive number of interdisciplinary research centers and institutes spanning Engineering, Medicine, Arts & Sciences and the Wharton School, to name just a few. Have a question about our curricula? Please contact Jamie Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 898-3012.
What is the format?
All career fairs in the autumn of 2021 will be virtual at Penn. The health and safety of our students and employer partners is of the highest concern to all of us, and we are confident that a virtual fair will provide an excellent avenue for students and employers to connect.
Organizations may register anywhere from 1-15 representatives to participate for any time during or for the entire event (5 hours total). Each attending representative will need to have a Handshake account, and set up his/her/their schedule in advance of the event.
Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process by linking their registrations to jobs they have posted on Handshake, and these will be highlighted in pre-event outreach and marketing to students and postdocs interested in attending the fair.
Don’t forget to view our other 2021 virtual career fairs to find the events that are the best fit for your recruiting strategy. You can find more information on the fairs below on our website: https://careerservices.upenn.edu/career-fairs/
- Career Link: Opportunities in Consulting, Communications, Consumer Products, Education, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Nonprofits, Real Estate, and Retail
- Bio-sciences & Research Fair
- Non-Profit and Government Career Fair
- Nursing Career Day
Registration Fees and Deadlines
For Profit Employers: $500; For Profit Employer Sponsorship*: $1000 (includes registration fee); Nonprofit/Govt/Start-up Employer: $150; Nonprofit/Govt/Start-up Sponsor Employer: $300 (includes registration fee). Payment by credit card or check – details will be provided on on your invoice.
Registration will close approximately two weeks before the event date; should you wish to attend but find this deadline is an issue, please reach out to us to discuss. This will allow you time to set preferences on your 1:1 meetings and efficiently use the virtual interaction time. Student/postdoc registration for this event will open on the 7th September.
Registrations will be approved starting in July.
Questions? Contact Jamie Grant at email@example.com