Friday, March 19, 2021, 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Science, Data, and Tech Virtual Career Fair
Employer registration is now open!
Click here, or visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/21196/employer_preview
What is the Science, Data, and Tech Virtual Career Fair?
This event focuses specifically on students and postdocs with exceptional quantitative research and analysis skills from a broad range of STEM academic disciplines, and is an ideal event for employers interested in showcasing internships or full-time positions in career fields and industries including:
- Data science and analytics
- Biomedical research/biotech
- Medical devices
- Scientific consulting
- Science communication
- Intellectual property/patent law
- Environmental services
- Banking/investment banking
- Renewable energy/oil & gas
Take this opportunity to showcase your opportunities to a population of >2,200 undergraduate students with declared STEM majors, >6,000 Master’s and PhD students across all STEM fields, and 1,200 biomedical and engineering postdocs, all invited to participate in this one career fair!
Participate in this virtual career fair to enjoy these featured advantages:
- ACCESS TOP TALENT: Penn undergraduate/graduate students and postdocs are driven and engaged, and bring with them strong research skills, and transferable quantitative and problem-solving skills applicable to careers in science, business, and technology. Postdocs from organizations affiliated with Penn, including the Wistar Institute and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, will also participate in this event.
- CREATE YOUR OWN RESUME BOOKS: Registered employers can download resumes via Handshake for all students who sign up for a session with the employer at the career fair. Students/postdocs that have signed up for one of your group or 1:1 sessions will be included on the RSVPs tab on Handshake, and can be downloaded before, during, or after the career fair. This gives you the opportunity to stay in contact with students/postdocs who are interested in your opportunities and organization.
- ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN A PRESENCE AT PENN: Build a recruiting pipeline for future STEM candidates even if you don’t have current opportunities. By setting up group and/or 1:1 sessions during the career fair, you can provide students/postdocs with information about your company, the skills and experiences that are valued, future opportunities, and describe the hiring process that you use.
Penn’s students and postdocs are eager to make a connection with employers interested in their wide range of technical and transferable skills. Take this opportunity to participate in this event, and you can be confident that you will find the high caliber of students and postdocs that you are seeking.
Don’t forget to view our other virtual career fairs to find the events that is the best fit for your recruiting strategy.
The Virtual Fair Format
University of Pennsylvania Career Services will continue with the virtual career fair format, which was successful during the fall semester, for all recruiting events for Spring 2021. The health and safety of our students and employer partners is of the highest concern to all of us, and the virtual fair format has already been an excellent avenue for students and employers to connect. Penn will be using the Handshake career fair platform as it provides many benefits, including the following:
- A familiar and integrated platform which students and employers already use for job listings, information sessions, campus interviews, and our previous 2020 career fairs
- Flexible communication modalities including video, audio, and text
- Multiple group sessions that help students learn about the organizations in which they’re interested during the fair
- 1:1 appointments and scheduled interactions that allow students to form a more meaningful connection with recruiters during the fair
Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process by linking their registrations to jobs they have posted on Handshake, and these will be highlighted in the pre-event outreach and marketing to students and postdocs interested in attending the fair
Registration Fees and Deadlines
The registration fee is $300 per company and $75 for start-ups, non-profits, government agencies, and Penn affiliates. There is an opportunity for employers to sponsor this event, and details are provided during registration. Sponsoring employers are provided with enhanced marketing to students/postdocs, and are highlighted as sponsors in all career fair communications with Penn students/postdocs, on social media, in career fair focused workshops, and more!
Payment can be made by credit card or check – details about payment methods can be found during the registration process, and on the invoice you will receive once your registration is confirmed.
We encourage employers to register before Monday 8th March. This will allow you time to set up your representatives, schedule group sessions, and set preferences on your 1:1 meetings. Students and postdocs will be able to register for this event, and sign up for group and 1:1 session on Tuesday 9th March. To receive a full refund, employers must cancel before end of day on Monday 8th March.
If you have any questions about the different populations of graduate students or postdocs who attend this fair, then please contact Dr. Joseph Barber (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are specifically interested in the undergraduate students attending this event, then please contact Mylène Kerschner (email@example.com).