Organizations participating in the University of Pennsylvania‘s 2022 Virtual STEM Fair will enjoy the opportunity to recruit highly qualified current undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and recent alumni for internship and full-time employment – allowing employers to build and expand their brand on campus as well as seed their talent pipelines. This event has traditionally drawn more than 500 candidates of all academic levels from our interdisciplinary and practice-oriented School of Engineering & Applied Science as well as from our many other NSF-classified STEM disciplines across Penn’s twelve schools. In the event registration, you are invited to tell us exactly the type(s) of candidates you wish to recruit so that those students can be made aware of your participation at the fair.
Please note the fair is not open to the general public, students from other colleges and universities, Wharton MBA, or Penn Law students.
What is the format?
All career fairs in the spring of 2022 will be virtual at Penn. The health and safety of our students and employer partners is of the highest concern to all of us, and we are confident that a virtual fair will provide an excellent avenue for students and employers to connect.
Employers attending will benefit from:
- A familiar and integrated platform which students and many employers already use for job listings, information sessions and campus interviews
- Flexible communication options including video, audio, and text
- Sending as many representations as you’d like from your organization (up to 100!)
- Various ways to connect with students including:
- Pre-scheduled ten-minute 1:1 appointments that allow students to form more meaningful connections with recruiters during the fair
- Up to 20 thirty-minute group sessions that help students learn about your company
- The ability to customize your “booth” similarly to how you customize their Handshake profiles today
**NEW THIS YEAR** – Invitation to Participate in a DEI Event (only 25 employer slots!):
- Thursday, February 17th from 6:00 – 7:30 pm (additional details to follow)
Employer Sponsorship Perks:
- Recognition through marketing in advance of the event
- Your organization’s logo is included on all marketing distributed to more than 4,000 students (Engineering + STEM disciplines across Penn’s 12 schools)
- Your organization’s logo is featured on the event webpage
- Participation in the pre-fair DEI event
- For-profit organizations
- Career fair participation + DEI event participation + sponsorship: $1,000
- Career fair participation + DEI event participation: $750
- Career fair participation: $500
- Non-profit organizations, start-ups, and government organizations
- Career fair participation + DEI event participation + sponsorship: $200
- Career fair participation + DEI event participation: $150
- Career fair participation: $100
How to Register:
Students will start to register for the event on February 8, 2022, so we strongly encourage you to set preferences on your group sessions and 1:1 meetings before then so that students may sign up to meet with you.
Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process by linking their registrations to jobs they have posted on Handshake, and these will be highlighted in pre-event outreach and marketing to students and postdocs interested in attending the fair.
To receive a full refund, employers must cancel before Sunday, February 13th.
Don’t forget to view our complete list of 2022 virtual career fairs to find the events that are the best fit for your recruiting strategy.