Thursday, 7th October, 2021, 12:00 – 5:00 Virtual BioSciences and Research Career Fair
Click here to register
Join us for one of Penn’s main recruiting events in the autumn that focuses on connecting employers with Penn’s population of students and postdocs with strong science and research skills. Take this opportunity to showcase your internship and full-time opportunities to a population of >2,200 undergraduate students with declared STEM majors, >6000 Master’s and PhD students across all STEM fields, and 1200 biomedical and engineering postdocs. With Penn’s strong reputation for biomedical research, this career fair has a particular emphasis on the life and physical sciences, and attracts employers from a diverse range of industries and career fields (including the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, consulting firms, science writing and publishing organizations, patent law and intellectual property firms, government and non-profit institutions, start-ups, policy think tanks, and more!). Participate in this virtual career fair to enjoy these featured advantages:
- ACCESS TOP TALENT: Penn undergraduate/graduate students and postdocs are driven and engaged, and bring with them strong research experiences, and transferable skills applicable to careers beyond research. Postdocs from organizations affiliated with Penn, including the Wistar Institute and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, will also participate in this event.
- REVIEW RESUME BOOKS: We will create resume books for this year’s event, broken down by degree and whether students/postdocs are seeking internships or full-time opportunities. Employers will receive a PDF of resumes from students and postdocs registered for this career fair one week prior to the event. Employers may reach out and connect with students that they are particularly interested in talking to, and arrange to meet during the career fair.
- ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN A PRESENCE AT PENN: Build a recruiting pipeline for future STEM candidates bu hosting group information sessions during the career fair to highlight your organization, your recruiting process, your opportunities, and more.
Penn’s students and postdocs are eager to make a connection with employers interested in their wide range of technical and transferable skills, and you can be confident that you will find the high caliber of students and postdocs that you are seeking.
What is the format?
All career fairs in the autumn of 2021 will be virtual at Penn. The health and safety of our students and employer partners is of the highest concern to all of us, and we are confident that a virtual fair will provide an excellent avenue for students and employers to connect. Employers with specific opportunities can identify these during the registration process by linking their registrations to jobs they have posted on Handshake, and these will be highlighted in pre-event outreach and marketing to students and postdocs interested in attending the fair. We encourage employers to register by Thursday 23rd September. This will allow you time to set preferences on your 1:1 meetings and efficiently use the virtual interaction time. To receive a full refund, employers must cancel before Sunday 3rd October. We will send resume books to employers on Friday 1st October. Student/postdoc registration for this event will open on the 30th September. Don’t forget to view our other 2021 virtual career fairs to find the events that are the best fit for your recruiting strategy. You can find more information on the fairs below on our website: https://careerservices.upenn.edu/career-fairs/
- Career Link: Opportunities in Consulting, Communications, Consumer Products, Education, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Nonprofits, Real Estate, and Retail
- Engineering Career Fair
- Non-Profit and Government Career Fair
- Nursing Career Day
Registration Fees and Deadlines
The registration fee is $500 per company and $150 for start-ups, non-profits, government entities, and Penn affiliates. There is an opportunity for employers to sponsor this event, and details are provided during registration. Payment can be made by credit card or check – details about payment methods can be found during the registration process, and on the invoice you will receive once your registration is confirmed. Registrations will be confirmed starting in July 2021. If you have any questions about the different populations of graduate students or postdocs who attend this fair, then please contact Dr. Joseph Barber (email@example.com). If you are specifically interested in the undergraduate students attending this event, then please contact Mylène Kerschner (firstname.lastname@example.org).