NEW! Fall 2020 Virtual Employer Information Sessions Update:
We are reserving September 1st – September 30th for “Penn Only” information sessions which will need to be requested on Handshake and scheduled through Penn Career Services so that we can ensure that two sessions in the same industry will not be scheduled at the same time. Employers will be able to add a link to their own software platform for students to access the session. Given the popularity of information sessions during this time of the year, we will not approve sessions in Handshake that are not scheduled through our office or which are for multiple schools.
Process for Requesting An Employer Information Session
- After logging into Handshake, request an employer information session from the “Events” section of the Handshake homepage.
- Complete and submit the employer information session form. Make sure to include all fields. Be sure to select an alternate presentation date in the event your first choice is not available. You will need to complete a separate form for each presentation you wish to schedule.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: When submitting be sure to answer “yes” under the Event Request Survey to the question “Are you an employer requesting an on-campus event? (even though your event will be conducted virtually). Then complete the survey form that follows.
- If you are having an information session the Night Before your interviews, it is very strongly suggested that you contact all students on your schedules to invite them to attend – otherwise, they may think it is an optional event.
- The processing and promotional fee for virtual information sessions scheduled through Career Services is $150.00 per event ($50 per event for non-profit organizations). Processing and promotional fees are non-refundable. You will be invoiced the week of your event.
- View our guidelines for arranging audiovisual support, catering, and the shipment of materials for employer information sessions.
Publicity & Marketing
- Increase your brand visibility on our campus by participating in the Career Services Support Program. As an advanced-level supporter, your organization’s logo will appear as a pin on the student portal of Handshake, our online recruiting system for one calendar year.
- Your employer information session will be publicized online in the Career Services Information Session Calendar and in Handshake, our online recruiting system. This advertising is only done if your information session was coordinated through the On-Campus Recruiting office.
- Advertise your session in The Daily Pennsylvanian, the online and print student newspaper. Printed ads placed a few days before and on the day of the presentation seem to get the most response. Internet advertising is also available, with online ads linking to your company’s website or recruiting page.
For questions about employer information sessions not answered here, please contact us.