Requesting an Interview Schedule Through Handshake
Employers may request an on-campus interviewing date through our recruiting platform, Handshake.
- Current Users: If you already have a Handshake account, simply connect with the University of Pennsylvania.
- New Users: Request access to Handshake first, and then request to connect to the University of Pennsylvania.
- If you do not see “Request an Interview” on your Handshake home page for Penn, contact Penn’s Recruiting Manager, Debra Koita.
Before submitting a request, please see our 2020-2021 On-Campus Recruiting Deadlines Calendar for a complete listing of interview dates and recruiting deadlines. We also encourage you to review our recruiting guidelines.
All first-round interviews should be scheduled in the On-Campus Recruiting Interview Suite, or in the nearby Inn at Penn Hotel, through the On-Campus Recruiting office. First-round interviews are not to be held in Center City hotels. If you’re planning to interview to conduct interviews at the Inn at Penn Hotel, rather than our On-Campus Recruiting Interview Suite, please add “Inn at Penn Hotel” in the details section of the Handshake on-campus interview request form and contact Debra Koita. You will also need to make arrangements directly with the Inn at Penn by contacting them at 215-823-6203.
Virtual Interview Option
Penn Career Services also has the ability to provide employers with virtual interviewing services if you are unable to visit campus. Please contact Debra Koita to discuss if you are interested in exploring this opportunity.
Interview Room Reservation Fees
The interview room reservation fee is $150 per room, per day. Due to the high demand for the rooms in our On-Campus Recruiting Interview Suite, the maximum number of rooms an employer may reserve is 12 per organization per day. (Non-profit organizations will be charged $25 per room, per day.) You will receive an invoice via email, detailing reservation charges. Click here for interview room reservation payment instructions. Invoice payments are due upon receipt of the invoice. It is our policy that interview room reservation fees will not be refunded or voided if cancellations are made after the resume submission period begins.
The Day of Your Visit
- Most visits, unless taking place at the Inn at Penn, will take place in our On-Campus Recruiting Suite, located in the Leonard A. Lauder Career Center, 3718 Locust Walk, McNeil Building, Suite 90 – Basement Level, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6209. View our Travel Directions to On-Campus Recruiting Interview Suite 90.
- Our facility opens at 7:45 am. Upon your arrival, please check in with your business card at the front desk, where you will be greeted and escorted to your interview room. We offer a continental breakfast in the morning and a snack tray in the afternoon – lunch is on your own, and we will provide a guide of recommended area restaurants. A media center, along with wireless access, is available for your use.
- We will provide you with a final schedule including student resumes and additional information. We will also include the resumes of students who are seeking an interview with you in the event that there are vacancies on your schedule. Please review the resumes and inform the front desk if you would like to interview any of the potential candidates. We will be happy to contact them for you.
- If you have any additional questions about the day of your visit, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to working with you in the coming year. If you need additional information about our services, or if you wish to discuss your firm’s on-campus recruiting strategy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran in the administration of its educational policies, programs, or activities, admissions policies and procedures, scholarship and loan programs, employment, recreational, athletic or other University administered programs. Questions or concerns regarding the University’s equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and activities or accommodations for people with disabilities should be directed to the Director of Affirmative Action, 1133 Blockley Hall, 418 Service Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6021 or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).