Requesting an Interview Schedule Through Handshake
Employers may request an on-campus interviewing date through our recruiting platform, Handshake.
- Current Users: If you already have a Handshake account, simply connect with the University of Pennsylvania.
- New Users: Request access to Handshake first, and then request to connect to the University of Pennsylvania.
- If you do not see “Request an Interview” on your Handshake home page for Penn, contact Employer Relations Coordinator, Heather Knox. You can reach her at email@example.com or 215-898-5740.
Before submitting a request, please see our 2023-24 Recruiting Deadlines Calendar for a complete listing of interview dates and recruiting deadlines. We also encourage you to review our recruiting guidelines.
The Penn Career Services Senior Associate Director of employer Relations, Jackie Moriniere, will be happy to assist you with arranging on-campus interviews. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-5740.
The Interview Suite
The University of Pennsylvania offers a spacious facility dedicated solely to interviewing for employers interested in coming to campus for recruiting. Boasting 48 interview rooms and a comfortable employer lounge, this one-of-a-kind facility is available for interview days of all sizes. Our team will provide assistance and expertise at every step of your recruiting process and are here to ensure that you have a seamless interviewing experience.
- Employers can continue to use Handshake to manage interview sign-ups, but should generate a link from their preferred videoconference platform (such as Zoom or BlueJeans) for students and recruiters to connect. In this way, interviewers using their corporate platforms will be able to take full advantage of features such as waiting rooms in Zoom or locked meetings in BlueJeans. Instructions for how to add your link to your Handshake schedules can be found here.
- Employers with back-to-back schedules will need to think through how to handle these schedules as there is not a way to put two URLS for one schedule in Handshake. Using breakout rooms in Zoom would be one option or simply communicating the two links to students directly via email would be another.
- We ask that all employers participating in virtual OCI provide interviewer contact information to students who may have technical difficulties or need to cancel an interview. While typically the Penn staff would handle this, we are concerned that we may not always know who the actual interviewer is if a student needs to cancel on short notice.
Employers who do not have access to their own videoconference platform should reach out to Jackie Moriniere to discuss this. Penn Career Services is able to generate videoconference links for such employers, but they will not have the capability to lock the interview room meaning that students who check in early may interrupt the prior interview.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran in the administration of its educational policies, programs, or activities, admissions policies and procedures, scholarship and loan programs, employment, recreational, athletic or other University administered programs. Questions or concerns regarding the University’s equal opportunity and affirmative action programs and activities or accommodations for people with disabilities should be directed to the Director of Affirmative Action, 1133 Blockley Hall, 418 Service Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6021 or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).