Engineering Career Days 2022 – in-person/on-campus day
Friday, September 16, 2022, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM ET
Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Organizations interested in recruiting intern and full-time candidates at the undergraduate, Master’s, PhD and postdoctoral level within our highly ranked School of Engineering & Applied Science (as well as related STEM disciplines from across the University) are warmly invited to this event! Please note there are two days/formats for this event – one virtual (9/15), one in-person (9/16), and for both events attending employers may specify the majors/programs and levels of the candidates with whom they wish to speak. Employers, please choose the event format that best suits your recruiting preferences, as all student and alumni populations that we serve will be invited to both events.
We are also hosting a series of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion oriented events, detailed below, which require separate registration.
By attending the University of Pennsylvania‘s Engineering Career Days (in-person event on Friday September 16, 2022), you will enjoy the opportunity to recruit highly qualified undergraduate and graduate degree candidates and young alumni for internship and full-time employment – while also building and expanding your brand on campus and seeding your talent pipeline. This event typically draws more than 1,000 candidates of all academic levels from our interdisciplinary and practice-oriented School of Engineering & Applied Science as well as from our many other NSF-classified STEM disciplines across Penn’s twelve schools. In the event registration, you are invited to tell us exactly the type(s) of candidates you wish to recruit, driving those specific students to your booth.
Please note the fair is not open to the general public, students from other colleges and universities, Wharton MBA or Penn Law students.
-The regular registration fee of $500 ($250 for non-profits, government agencies and Penn affiliates) includes one 6-foot table and boxed lunch for up to three company representatives.
Registration Deadline: Friday, September 9, 2022
Refund Policy: Cancellations made after September 5th are payable in full and non-refundable.
Event Location: University of Pennsylvania’s Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 – Get Directions
Employer Arrival on 9/16/22: 9:30 AM ET (event opens to students at 11:00 AM ET)
Looking to support DEI initiatives? You may also be interested in this series
Industry-Specific Diversity and Inclusion Networking Series (VIRTUAL)
Our industry-specific DEI networking events held in partnership with student groups and other campus offices are designed to help employers connect with talented students from diverse backgrounds by sharing your DEI specific recruiting initiatives. We will hold 5 industry networking events in September in tandem with the fall Career Fairs.
- Wednesday, September 7th, 6pm-7:15pm – Finance DEI Panel + Networking Event
- Wednesday, September 7th, 7:15pm-8:30pm – Consulting DEI Panel + Networking Event
- Wednesday, September 14th, 6pm-7:15pm – STEM DEI Panel + Networking Event
- Wednesday, September 21st, 6pm-7:15pm – Biosciences DEI Panel + Networking Event
- Wednesday, September 28th, 6pm-7:15pm – Social Impact DEI Panel + Networking Event
Sponsorship* and Registration
- For-profit: $750
- Non-profit/Government/Education: $250
*All funds from this event are designated for DEI-related career initiatives and programs.
As part of registration for this series, employers are required to fill out the DEI Networking Event Employer interest form: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cP8OphwObW4iET4
Who will I connect with at this event?
This event is open to all students (undergraduate and graduate) of all majors. This is an opportunity for employers to share what DEI and belonging means for their organization by sharing resources, pipeline initiatives, and full-time/internship opportunities.
What is the event format?
The DEI networking event will be held virtually. The event will begin with a panel. The panel will consist of 5-6 sponsors moderated by a campus partner or student group leader. Directly following the panel, students and employers will make connections in breakout rooms.
Who should employers send to attend this event?
Representatives do not have to be from HR. Representatives need to be able to speak about diversity and inclusion and what that looks like at your company, including pipeline initiatives, internship/full-time opportunities, employee resource groups, and other ways in which your organization facilitates inclusion and belonging.
On behalf of all of us in Penn Career Services, we look forward to working with you during the coming year. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Jamie Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (215) 898-3012.