1 Atelier is an independent luxury brand born in New York City that celebrates individuality and empowers confident self-expression by inviting people to create one-of-a-kind handcrafted handbags through a digital design platform. We are building a transformational luxury brand that delivers exquisite custom products, manufactured in New York City, and delivered in less than 21 days. 1 Atelier is returning luxury to what it once was, in a way it could only happen today.
We are a fast-paced startup just hitting our stride, where we are completely transforming the luxury experience and disrupting the luxury industry. Our internal mantra is “Work Hard. Be Kind. Change the Game.” Our promise is that you will learn a lot from a highly experienced team, including the founders, who are industry experts. Take a look at www.1atelier.com to see our business idea and read about the founders https://1atelier.com/inspiration. Our office is based in the Garment District in NYC.
Do you want to be part of a company’s brand innovation? Do you like to communicate fashion ideas through drawing? This may be the position for you. We are looking for creative individuals willing to share their artistic talent.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated, resourceful and reliable content creator intern to help us with virtually everything we have going on at our very exciting startup related to social media and content generation. This candidate needs to be excited about the fashion tech community, and enjoys consumer brands and being part of a fast-paced fashion business with a lot of moving parts, where we are trying to completely disrupt and transform an industry. The person should also have an understanding and appreciation for 1 Atelier’s aesthetic and its mission.
The ideal candidate is motivated to take initiative and self-lead while completing tasks, is super smart, creative but also analytical, an excellent communicator and a strong eye for detail. You must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, post production and editing. Furthermore, you should be qualified to color match e-commerce and product photography. The Retoucher will work with the Chief of Marketing to learn and follow the retouching workflow and deliver images within the specified turnaround time.
Lastly, it’s all hands on deck in a startup so this person needs to be willing and comfortable doing anything that comes up, as we all are doing!
We prefer someone available at least 3 days a week and/or 20-25 hours a week. It requires a three to six months commitment.
- Color match still life and on model photography
- Work with photographer and COM to edit and enhance digital photographs
- Use our asset management tool to download and upload photos
- Fix file names when necessary to adhere to naming conventions
- Multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Perform other related duties that may arise
- Be proactive to foresee, flag, and help resolve any related problems
- Promptly notify the COM of any issues
- Strong and polished retouching skills – keen eye and aesthetic
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the digital editing process with an emphasis in photo digital imaging and photographic retouching
- Ability to work collaboratively and deliver quality imagery
- Strong Knowledge of color theory
- Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Able to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design) experience
- Intern will gain hands-on experience in the field e-commerce and social media
- Become comfortable working in a professional business environment and on a team
- Gain entrepreneurship skills and marketing knowledge
- Intern will receive academic credit for this position if desired
This is an unpaid internship.
Please share your portfolio/website if you have one.