Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Financial Analysts gain a unique and multi-faceted skill set through gaining exposure to multiple disciplines within our corporate finance teams. Highly analytical and results-oriented, our Financial Analysts make an immediate impact on corporate strategy and direction.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Interns will be placed in one of the financial disciplines for the course of the program.
- Placement opportunities include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Focusing on future projections. Executing the A&F strategy for international growth. Partnering with the Merchandise Planning group to ensure the company is poised for future growth.
- Financial Reporting: Overseeing corporate budgets and projections. Partnering with multiple business areas to assess risks and opportunities. Preparing the earnings release analysis on quarterly performance. Presenting monthly forecast updates to leadership.
- Accounting: Acting as a technical accounting resource for A&F business units. Managing company controls of the reconciliation process. Ensuring continuous compliance in reporting.
- Treasury: Supporting all aspects of Treasury operations including the cash forecasting process, contributing to the global cash management strategy.
- Business Unit Finance: General leger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliation, forecasting/budgeting, variance analysis, and performance reporting. Partnering with business unit teams to complete activity-based costing to facilitate cost-reduction decisions.
- Capital Projects: Overseeing A&F’s capital investments to ensure return on investment, stringent cost management, and compliance in regulatory standards for all assets and asset-related activity.
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Junior working toward a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to thrive in team-based settings and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
- Desire to take on the responsibility of running a portion of a multi-billion-dollar business
- Finance, Accounting, Economics majors preferred
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently with senior-level leaders
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire & curiosity to learn more!
The A&F LDP Internships provide a hands-on learning environment in which top university students gain exposure to one of our full-time programs. Our 10-week LDP internships include intensive training, quick role immersion, exposure to senior leadership, and the opportunity to make an impact on the business. Our interns are compensated $9,000 for the 10-week program. Other benefits have historically included housing provided by A&F for the duration of the program, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, and organized social events throughout the summer. Our interns end the summer with a thorough understanding of the full-time Leadership Development Program and have early access to full-time job opportunities.
To complete your profile, please go to the below link and click “apply now” to answer a few questions:
To be eligible for consideration, students must also submit their unofficial transcripts and resumes, complete with cumulative GPA.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer.