$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Registered Nurse (RN) and experience in the juvenile field preferred
Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services. Make a difference, join our team!
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families.
The position promotes good health, treats minor medical problems, responds to medical emergencies, administers medications, and ensures that the medical needs of clients are addressed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of and in collaboration with appropriate medical staff member (i.e. physician or registered nurse) and assists with the medical treatment of clients by ensuring the components of the nursing process are effectively applied.
- Makes appropriate referrals to the contracted physician(s) and other medical agencies or practitioners
- Administers physician prescribed and non-prescribed medications and requisitions.
- Maintains all medical documentation, medical history, and files on each client as well as abides by HIPAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Communicates all pertinent client related medical information to program/facility staff members per HIPPA related rules and regulations
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed to practice by the state board in which the program/facility resides and minimum two years related experience; Registered Nurse (RN) and experience in the juvenile field preferred.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.