About Accathon Capital
Accathon Capital is a global innovation platform, connecting corporate innovation with startup acceleration and bringing together top entrepreneurs and corporate teams to create innovative outcomes. Our acceleration programs and investments infuse digital transformation to drive expansion, build value, and solve critical challenges in the cross-border market. We bring the corporate innovation and resources necessary for leaders to drive revenue, to develop and implement accelerated growth strategies, and execute tactics necessary for the next level of business growth in the global competition.
For a quick overview of what we just accomplished in the past summer, please visit: https://vimeo.com/339752368
About the Role – Business Development Intern
We are seeking Business Development interns to join our team as interns and hopefully become full-time with us as we are growing our business across multiple streams in cross border innovation.
This position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in cross-border business and venture capital. Interns will interact directly with senior team members and will learn how the industry works through firsthand experience. The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial, intelligent, competitive, and have an interest in the startup industry.
We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but has the potential to become a future member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way.
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for the ecosystem of tech startups, VCs, or accelerators (particularly US-Asia)
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
- With a history of high achievement, as demonstrated through academic performance and prior work or internship experience
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at:
- Conducting market and competitive landscape research for the project of Accathon Academy.
- Sales and Business Development
You’ll also get involved in:
- Review investment/acceleration opportunities
- Attend meetings and calls with potential investment prospects
- Conduct market and competitive research for the startup industries in USA and China
- Carry out in-depth company and industry research for an agreed-upon topic of interest. We are primarily currently interested in:
- What are the business requirements of international startups who want to expand to new markets in Asia.
- We plan to publish this research in the form of a white paper and in short form in leading publications such as Forbes, TechCrunch, PE Hub, etc. In addition, we plan to present this research at industry conferences.
The minimum requirements are:
- A BA/BS degree is required
- MBA/Ph.D./MS degree or pursuing one highly preferred
- A comprehensive understanding of statistics and probability
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of startups, VCs, and accelerators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in conducting the research (as described above) for a class or independent (for-credit) research
- Previous experience as a strategy consultant or investment research analyst or member of a relevant high growth startup highly preferred
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Chinese strongly preferred
- Experience with both China and US markets strongly preferred
Job Type: Internship