Accel Education is the oldest and leading education-consulting firm that specializes in providing comprehensive advisory and academic services in South Korea. We work with international students preparing for or currently studying in the U.S. We also offer academic services to help students develop a strong foundation offering courses including literature, writing, and secondary school subjects up to AP and IB level. Our mission is to maximize the opportunities and potential of our students by focusing on their long-term growth. Each year, our students receive acceptance to top-tier universities including Harvard, Yale, MIT and top boarding schools including St. Paul’s, Exeter, and Hotchkiss. We aim for our students to not only achieve academic excellence but also become outstanding contributors to their communities.
Education Consultant & Instructor Internship
Details: This is a unique position that allows you to work with both the Advisory Service & Academic Service Division of the company. You’ll be a part of consulting team to help plan and lead the long-term growth of our students including college counseling and professional development. In addition, you’ll also teach courses based on your interest and strength.
We are providing two options:
A) Summer Term: 3 months including 14-day quarantine period
B) Semester Term: 1st week of June 2021~3rd week of January 2022
*Dates include orientation and training
Eligibility: Open to Juniors, Seniors, and recent graduates only; we’ll consider outstanding sophomores.
-Work closely w/ students to assist in exploring their interests and maximizing opportunities in school
-Assist students to lead independent research to extend intellectual interest
-Facilitate students with developing creative initiatives such as community service projects to enhance leadership and project management skills while making valuable contributions
-Assist Senior Consultants with providing college admissions consulting services and assisting admissions preparation
-Work closely with the management to develop and refine curriculum and program dealing with academic writing and literature
-Effectively prepare and teach selected courses offered by the company:
* English literature & writing (creative writing background is a big plus)
* U.S./ World/ European History up to AP & IB Level
* Math courses up to Multivariable Calculus
* Macro & Micro Economics/ Psychology up to AP & IB Level
* Spanish/ Chinese/ French up to AP & IB Level
* Chemistry/ Physics/ Comp Sci/ Biology up to AP & IB Level
Starting date shall be 1st Week of June 2021. However, the company shall work to accommodate flexibility to meet the commencement for graduating seniors. There will be orientation and training.
[COVID-19 TESTING & MANDATORY QUARANTINE]
Currently, all foreigners entering South Korea are subject to COVID-19 testing upon arrival and serve 14-day quarantine at the government-designated facilities (hotels and lodging). The company shall pay for all associated fees.
– Enjoys teaching and working with young students, serving as a mentor role
– Highly motivated, positive, responsible, and a team player
– Analytical and creative thinking
– Prior teaching or mentoring experience is a big plus but is not required
– The positions are open to all majors but must have strong reading and writing backgrounds
– Competitive salary
– Round trip airfare
– Furnished residential accommodation (Single, NOT SHARED)
– Performance bonus
At ACCEL EDUCATION, our key to success is our people. Every member of the Accel family is a creative and passionate person dedicated to making a difference. We have diverse interests and backgrounds – some members have moved on to pursue careers at top-tier international corporations such as Bain & Co., LG Group, and The Monitor Group; others have been accepted to highly competitive graduate programs including the Wharton School of Business, the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and Harvard Law School – but all of us share an enjoyment of teaching and mentoring students during one of the most important times of their lives. We take pride in our dedication to our students and Accel Education’s mission. We are always seeking enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our team.
Applications will be considered on a ROLLING BASIS until all the positions are filled.
Applications are reviewed as they are received and an interview will be arranged immediately for qualified candidates. Each year, we receive a lot of applications. It is strongly advised that prospective candidates submit their information as early as possible.
Please submit the following information:
1) Resume & Cover Letter
2) Current GPA (selected candidate must present transcript)
3) AP, SAT I & SAT II Scores (break them up by verbal/math and subjects taken) and/or Graduate school admissions test score
4) Information on the previous teaching, or/and mentoring experiences
5) Courses you can teach most effectively, including high school subject courses
6) Please indicate which position you are applying for.
Send your information to: email@example.com