Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
Join the Developer Experience & Evangelism arm of the Creative Cloud Platform and Ecosystem team. The Platform and Ecosystem team is a multi-functional team that drives Creative Cloud’s developer platform and ensures that third-party developers have positive experiences building on it. We do it all in service of delivering useful and delightful plugins and integrations to creative users around the world.
As part of the Developer Experience & Evangelism team, our Associate Developer Advocate will represent the Creative Cloud Developer Platform to technical communities and individual developers, and represent those communities and developers back to Adobe internally. You will help us continually improve the developer experience and decrease the time to integration.
Some areas you will focus on include:
- Authoring technical guides and sample code, and driving multiple documentation updates throughout the year
- Providing stellar technical support for our APIs and SDKs in our forums, on Slack, and other places our developer community comes together
- Helping us extend our reach in technical communities through written content, online events, and more
- Serving as the voice of the developer by contributing to internal feedback loops for API product teams
The stars of the show are the developers who integrate Creative Cloud Developer Platform API products, and our mutual customers.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Ability to work independently, executing against team objectives and key results
- A habit of capturing data, performing analysis, reporting results, and optimizing your efforts
- Flexibility: be willing to change focus areas and tactics as our business objectives evolve
- Impeccable communication skills
- A willingness to continually learn new things, including APIs, host apps, use cases, and more
- A bias toward action: we are a fairly new team, and we need to prioritize execution and experimentation
- An understanding of how to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Not all developers on our platform consider themselves developers or engineers!
- A commitment to truly understand the heart of a problem, instead of simply taking all questions at face value.
- Patience, empathy, and a sense of purpose: we care deeply about the success of developers who choose to partner with us, as well as the success of our mutual customers. You do too.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical focus or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Git, GitHub, and command line tools
- A track record of community leadership, preferably in a technical community
- Experience with one or more Creative Cloud products
- Experience with React