Love typography and want to contribute to open-source fonts and software projects? If so, we’ve got just the opportunity! Even if you are new to the world of fonts, if you’ve ever been interested in learning more about them, we’ll be happy to teach you on the job.
We in the Font Evolution team are responsible for the production of Adobe Originals typefaces as well as the development of the Adobe Font Development Kit for OpenType (AFDKO). We also chip in on a variety of other projects inside and outside of Adobe. We’re looking for a software development engineer to help us build fonts and font tools.
What you will do:
Work on the production of Adobe Originals typefaces. This work includes writing and debugging OpenType features, making improvements to the build process, helping type designers improve their workflow, and contributing code to open-source font tools projects, including the AFDKO, fontTools, and FontBakery.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience coding in Python.
- Experience working with font design tools, especially Glyphs or RoboFont.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Unicode.
- Experience coding in C/C++.
- Literacy in more than one writing system.
- Experience with open-source font-related projects, such as the AFDKO, Font Bakery, fontTools, FreeType, HarfBuzz, or OpenType Sanitizer.