Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
The Marketing & Lease-up Intern will play an important role in the lease-up process of Aeon’s new construction property in Bloomington, Blooming Meadows North. Under the supervision of the Roving Site Manager, the Marketing & Lease-up Intern will use marketing, sales, design and photography skills to promote Blooming Meadows North and drive broader awareness and interest in the property. They will also support all aspects of the leasing process as well as general administrative functions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lease up Support: Support the execution of the marketing plan for our new property in Bloomington, Blooming Meadows South. This could include community outreach, maintaining prospective resident lists, and lease-up event planning/hosting.
- Marketing: Support the Roving Site Manager with content and implementation of property websites, email generation, social media posting and general community marketing
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the Roving Site Manager with general administrative and reception tasks such as answering phones, filing, sorting mail, ordering supplies, etc.
- Resident/Community Relations: Respond to prospective resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
Skills & Qualifications
- An interest in nonprofit marketing, communications and lease-up functions
- Understanding of changing technologies, and ability to successfully utilize digital and other channels
- Results-driven style, strong attention to detail, personal accountability and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Willing to work individually, while retaining team-orientated goals
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
This is a full-time, paid internship experience starting at $17/hr.
Schedule & Location
This position will be based at Aeon’s Central Office in the North Loop of Minneapolis and at Blooming Meadows South in Bloomington while Blooming Meadows North is under construction. While the schedule will mostly be Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm, candidate must be flexible with schedule to accommodate leasing events, showings, etc.. There will be travel between properties and community locations as part of the functions of this position, and a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a reliable vehicle are required. Aeon is seeking a candidate who can fill this role from about mid-May to mid-August (flexible in timing) 2021.