2022 AIG Investments Front Office Summer Internship Program
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
The Investments business is one of the key drivers of revenues and profitability at AIG. Our Investments professionals are responsible for investing the insurance premiums and deposits we collect to generate net investment income that is available to pay claims or benefits and provide returns to shareholders. AIG Investments provides advisory and asset management solutions to AIG, its business units and third-party clients, globally, maintaining an internal investment platform across multiple asset classes. These asset classes include investment grade and high yield corporate debt, sovereign and emerging market debt, municipal debt, securitized products, residential and commercial mortgage loans, private placements, real estate, public equities and private equity. The Investment team is comprised of portfolio managers, traders, research analysts, product owners, loan originators and underwriters and other professionals endeavoring to provide strong returns on our clients’ invested capital. At AIG Investments, we are thought leaders in the global asset management industry with expertise and capital spanning the globe.
About the role
What you need to know:
AIG Investments Front Office Summer Intern Program
AIG Investments Summer Interns have the unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the global asset management industry. As a Summer Intern, you will be exposed to the full range of investment products and solutions that AIG Investments has to offer. You will be staffed across various investment teams and will be given the opportunity to perform fundamental and technical analysis, research industries and companies, draft investment memos, gain experience using Bloomberg and present to investment committees and senior leaders across AIG Investments.
Summer Interns have the opportunity to work with AIG Investments front office teams that typically include:
- Investment Grade Debt
- High Yield Debt
- Sovereign & Emerging Market Debt
- Municipal Debt
- Securitized Products
- Global Capital Markets
- Commercial Real Estate Debt
- Global Real Estate Equity
- Residential Real Estate
- Private Equity
- Public Equity
- CIO Team
- Direct Equity & External Mandates
- Cross-Asset Relative Value
The Summer Intern Program is a 10-week program targeted at rising juniors and seniors. After 3 days of an AIG-wide orientation hosted offsite, Summer Interns will join one of the investment teams, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical and professional skills in a fast paced and global investment environment. In addition to the experience and training acquired on the desk, summer Interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management through weekly lunch seminars, networking receptions, senior speaker series and weekly mentor breakfasts.
Through a range of approaches including experiential learning, technical training, performance assessments, formalized mentoring and exposure to senior leaders, AIG’s Investments Summer Intern Program offers top echelon career development opportunities to our diverse early career talent. Each Summer Intern will be assigned a mentor and navigator to provide guidance and support from day one.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 (unofficial transcript required with application).
- Candidate for Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree at a top university or college.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at your university.
- Candidates who have excelled in their previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytic, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills, and are enthusiastic about the asset management industry.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and asset management.
- Bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial spirit and who possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical and financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, confidence).
- Diverse background of experience, culture and thought.
- Successful candidates typically possess a global perspective, a record of successful teamwork, keen market interest and superior academic performance.
- Accounting and financial skills are beneficial, but not essential.