AIG is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919 and celebrating its centennial year, today AIG provides a wide range of property and casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and plan for retirement. AIG’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About AIG Investments
AIG Investments is the asset management division of the American International Group, Inc. providing investment advisory and asset management solutions to AIG, its business units and third-party clients. Currently, AIG Investments manages approximately $350 billion in assets across a range of asset classes, including investment grade and high yield corporate debt, sovereign and emerging market debt, municipal debt, securitized products, capital markets, residential and commercial mortgage loans, private placements, real estate, public equities and private equity. Headquartered in New York with additional offices in Houston, Wilton, London, Dublin and Japan, the Investments team is comprised of talented investment professionals who create competitive and long-term returns for our clients, the firm and its shareholders.
AIG Investments Summer Intern Program Description – Strategy and Operations
AIG Investments Summer Interns have the unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the global asset management industry. As a Summer Intern, you will be exposed to the full range of investment products and solutions that AIG Investments has to offer. You will be staffed across various Strategy and Operations teams and be given the opportunity to conduct strategic analysis, support change transformation initiatives, gain detailed insights into the world of investment operations, and assist the Chief of Staff in supporting a wide range of Investments-initiatives and responsibilities.
Summer Interns have the opportunity to work with AIG Investments Strategy and Operations teams that typically include:
- Business Strategy and Planning
- Change Transformation
- Chief of Staff
- Corporate Governance
- Investment Operations
The Summer Intern Program is a 10-week program targeted at rising juniors and seniors. After 3 days of an AIG-wide orientation hosted offsite, Summer Interns will join one of the Strategy and Operations investment teams, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical and professional skills in a fast paced and global investment environment. In addition to the experience and training acquired on the desk, summer Interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management through weekly lunch seminars, networking receptions, senior speaker series and weekly mentor breakfasts.
Through a range of approaches including experiential learning and technical training, performance
assessments, formalized mentoring and exposure to senior leaders, AIG’s Investments Summer Intern Program offers top echelon career development opportunities to our diverse early career talent. Each Summer Intern will be assigned a mentor and navigator to provide guidance and support from day one. These two early and mid-career professionals will help to support and shepherd you throughout the duration of your summer at AIG Investments.
Successful Summer Interns entering their junior year may be asked to return as Summer Analysts the following year while rising seniors may be offered a position in the AIG Investments Rotational Analyst Program commencing the following summer.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 (unofficial transcript required with application).
- Candidate for Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree at a top university or college.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at your university.
- Candidates who have excelled in their previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytic, quantitative, interpersonal and communication skills, and are enthusiastic about the asset management industry.
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and asset management.
- Bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial spirit and who possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical and financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, confidence).
- Diverse background of experience, culture and thought.
- Successful candidates typically possess a global perspective, a record of successful teamwork, keen market interest and superior academic performance
- Accounting, engineering and financial skills are beneficial, but not essential.