The travel industry in Juneau, AK is looking to fill an Accounting Assistant position. The position is permanent with flexible business hours.
NO PHONE CALLS!!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Post bank deposits.
- Reconcile assigned accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain purchase card program and process monthly statements.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- File and process payroll.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Assist in month-end closing with vendor and customer statement.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries and requests including communicating the resolution as appropriate.
- Files maintain and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associates degree in Business/Accounting (College degree preferred) or commensurate experience.
- 2-4 general accounting experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess experience with any accounting software.
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with a commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multi-task.
- Takes pride in the quality and quantity of work produced.
- Recognizes urgency in solving problems and completing critical work.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Ability to gather facts, analyze problems in depth, and break them down into components.
- Positive, relationship-oriented attitude and communication style.
- Flexible and adaptable team player.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- DOE: $18-20/hr
- Permanent Position
- Yearly Bonus (depending on performance)
- Health, Life Insurance
- Stock Option
- Vacation and Sick Leaves
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour