Alchemy-ABR Investment Partners (“Alchemy-ABR”) is seeking to hire an Associate of Acquisitions & Development, who will assist the principals and executive team in critical acquisition & development functions. The Associate’s primary focus will be on financial modeling while helping to identify new opportunities, assisting in structuring, negotiating and closing a diverse group of real estate investments while having a hands on role with asset management in the Tri-State Region and other select markets including South Florida. The successful candidate will play an active role in expanding and growing the firm’s platform, which is expecting tremendous growth in the near future. This position will be based in New York City.
Alchemy-ABR is a real estate operating company formed to leverage the existing platforms of both Alchemy Properties and ABR Partners, LLC in order to capitalize on the combined experience, relationships and execution capabilities of the partners. Formed in 2015, Alchemy-ABR primarily targets the New York City area and South Florida for unique development, cash-flowing and value-add investment opportunities in high quality office, retail, residential and mixed-use properties. The partnership currently owns and is developing a diverse range of projects including 211 East 43rd Street in Manhattan, 4200-4400 Northcorp Parkway in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, The Atrium at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, FL, the Bedford Playhouse in Bedford, NY, as well as several ground up development projects in NYC. For more information, please visit www.alchemy-abr.com.
- Primary responsibilities include financial analysis for potential acquisitions with intensive and fluid modeling skills with Argus and Excel with expertise in modeling cash flow projections, valuation and return calculations with specific fluency in Promote, IRR, XIRR, NPV, ROE, YOC analysis.
- Assisting in sourcing, negotiating, underwriting, due diligence, and, most importantly, producing and closing deals that meet investment criteria.
- Assist in asset management functions for expanding the portfolio across multiple property types and geographic areas.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data for potential acquisitions.
- Assist in preparing acquisition investments briefs and related support material.
- Review legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process; abstract key
- Support for acquisition financing and equity raising.
- Interact with senior management, brokers, investors, partners, owners, lenders, and tenants.
- Correspond with third parties to obtain market data for project underwriting.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Preferably 1-3 years of relevant experience as an Acquisitions/ Development Associate, Analyst, and/or asset manager for an owner/developer or private equity firm.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Excellent financial modeling, writing and presentation skills; effective negotiation skills.
- Skilled in real estate underwriting and financial analysis.
- Ability to think as a principal.
- Excellent due diligence, analytical, negotiating, transaction structuring and financial skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and process management skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Argus.
- Organized; strong and independent work ethic; Team thinker with good administrative and management skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to formulate an investment thesis and effectively communicate it in an intelligent and convincing fashion.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team, comfortable in a leadership role.
- Must desire and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Dynamic personality – outgoing, likable, persuasive and convincing.
- Record of academic or professional achievement.
- Appropriate educational credentials.
- A team player and future leader.
- A SELF STARTER.