Data Science Intern
The Future of Retail
Alex Crown is building the most personalized and customer-centric online luxury shopping experience for menswear. We are a new and better way to shop that listens to customers, understands their preferences, and uses this knowledge to anticipate and curate options according to their style DNA. We carry the world’s finest luxury brands focused on the highest standards of craftsmanship, offered at a sensible price. We are redefining the concept of luxury e-commerce, one experience at a time.
Why Alex Crown
At our core, we are an innovative Fashion Technology startup that leverages best-in-class data science, technology, and customer service to provide a seamless UIUX to the most discerning customers. We were founded by a group of passionate serial entrepreneurs with backgrounds in Fashion, Technology, Data, Operations, Environmental Sustainability, and Mergers & Acquisitions. The one thing we love more than menswear fashion is to inspire others and help them discover their own sense of style! If you’re interested in creating tangible business impact and joining a highly entrepreneurial and diverse team, we want to speak with you.
- Help design and build proprietary predictive algorithms that personalize the online shopping experience.
- Obtain, organize, and analyze both structured and unstructured data to create comprehensive customer personas and determine key signals for improving conversion.
- Use the latest techniques in data science, analytics, statistics, and machine learning to create data models that improve conversion.
- Develop and validate hypotheses to optimize the customer flow and reduce friction.
- Create data analytics reports for analyzing business metrics and monitoring performance.
- Collaborate with teams to seek out and solve problems using data.
Our ideal candidate
- Passion for Data Science! We want candidates who are excited about what they do.
- Ability to code in R, Python, Matlab, and other related data programming languages. SQL is a plus.
- Innovative thinker with high energy.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Hungry and humble.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative or relevant field.
- Must already be authorized to work in the USA.
Alex Crown is headquartered in Chicago and New York, and has an international, diverse team committed to making a difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
This opportunity is for an unpaid internship for coursework and/or academic credit. It is an educational experience that will also include job shadowing. We can be flexible with your academic calendar and accommodate full-time or part-time interns, for a total duration of about 10 weeks. The position is remote, and you can work from anywhere in the USA. All interns will undergo a training program across various aspects of the business and because we are a young startup, you will get real experience in building a business from the ground up.