Human Factors Design Specialist
Apply design principles to launching new businesses and new products. Work with entrepreneurs and established businesses on an innovation process that seeks to design amazing solutions based on a deep understanding of human behavior and user preferences.
This position will help establish customer insights and design principles using steps in the design thinking process, and the lean startup process. Participate in field observations, ideation and prototyping sessions to contribute to the business and product development process.
• Help coordinate and carry out ethnographic research (field studies of users in a natural setting) to learn about user needs and preferences.
• Design customer surveys to identify user preferences
• Build a collection of resources that identify best practices in human centered design principles
• Help facilitate ideation sessions with clients
• Help advise on prototyping projects
• Research customer profiles
• Help facilitate workshops and webinars
• Critical thinking, research and analysis skills, as demonstrated through projects
• Strong communications skills, particularly listening, writing and conversation
• Detail and process oriented
• Knowledge of business and marketing principles is helpful
• Knowledge of psychology, sociology or anthropology is beneficial
• Knowledge of collaboration platforms is beneficial but not required