Alliance Defending Freedom is seeking a highly professional Director, Advocacy Communication located in our Scottsdale, AZ or Ashburn, VA. As the Director of Advocacy Communications, you lead a team of campaign and creative staff. You will report to the Vice President of Media and Advocacy Communications.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Lead a team of advocacy campaign and creative professionals.
- Oversee the research, planning, execution, evaluation and reporting of advocacy campaigns that advance ADF’s brand, mission and legal and legislative priorities.
- Research legal cases, advocacy initiatives and cultural trends. Identify key elements and trends that will most effectively advance ADF’s brand, mission and legal objectives.
- Analyze stakeholders and audiences, identify campaign objectives and oversee a team that executes earned and paid campaigns designed to achieve those objectives.
- Direct the work of creative staff to develop video, visual, digital, print and audio resources for deployment in earned and paid campaigns.
- Direct the work of digital staff to develop social, web, and email campaigns for deployment in earned and paid campaigns.
- Oversee marketing and/or advocacy event planning and execution
- Partner with media relations, news and editorial, social media, constituent communication colleagues
- Develop, measure and report qualitative and quantitative analytics that effectively determine campaign performance.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Effective direct and indirect leadership of a team of professionals. Mentoring and directing campaign and creative staff.
- Superior marketing, influencing and persuasive skills. You must not only deploy these across multiple teams but must also excel at building symbiotic relationships with external alliance partners.
- Building comprehensive marketing communications campaigns that deliver on the needs of target stakeholders and audiences.
- Identifying, establishing, evaluating and reporting input, output and outcome campaign performance measures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes ability to make persuasive presentations in front of various internal and external audiences.
- Superior project management skills – overseeing multiple initiatives with many complex tasks and tactics across multiple teams and external partners.]
- Collaborative mindset with a commitment to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- 10+ years of marketing/advertising communications, creative, digital, social or other related work, or a combination of related professional experience on behalf of an organization.
- 5+ years of experience in overseeing a team of marketing, political, or digital campaign staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing and advertising, public relations or related field required.