Looking for a stable yet challenging job in this ever-changing world to jump-start your data-oriented career? The Insurance Product Analyst I role is a great opportunity to contribute immediately to the profit and growth of a fortune 100 company. You’ll design, develop, analyze and manage strategies and initiatives using problem-solving and analytical skills to achieve business goals for an assigned market.
- Conducts routine analysis on competitive position, analyzes business results, and articulates findings that support the development the local strategies to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Begins leading smaller projects or pieces of larger projects
- Tracks own performance and project timeline, communicating with business partners to set expectations
- Manages multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Begins building expertise in assigned target markets
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Develops knowledge of all Allstate personal lines products, pricing and risk management policies’ tools and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of related experience
What we look for:
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in evaluating and summarizing data
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in Excel, Tableau, or other analytical software
- Basic knowledge of insurance product, pricing, risk management and/or insurance regulations
- Collaboration and ability to work well with others
- Peer leadership experience
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects of small to medium complexity
Benefits and Compensation
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands, and taking bold steps to serve our customers’ evolving needs better. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 90 years, we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.