Alphadyne is seeking a Risk Intern to join its Risk team in New York for the summer of 2021. The successful candidate will:
· Contribute to the firm’s ongoing development of various risk infrastructure;
· Gain real, in-depth experience applying quantitative knowledge and technical skills toward actual portfolio and firm-wide risk management issues;
· Be involved in risk projects, which may consist of building and monitoring risk analysis tools and financial models, analyzing the market to model trading signals and analyzing portfolio construction methodologies;
· Perform research and data analyses, and present the summer-long project at the end of the internship to executives and the Risk and Investment teams;
· Under the mentorship of a full-time risk professional, the Risk Intern will work on a single, in-depth research project or a series of smaller projects, examining real-world data during the internship, which will culminate in a final presentation to the management team; and
· Attend Alphadyne events, such as networking and social events, weekly investment meetings and lunch and learn sessions, to learn more about the organization, the different functions within a hedge fund and to further pique your interest in the asset management space.
· Highly passionate about financial services and the risk management workflows of a hedge fund;
· Interest in building, using and testing investment models to solve difficult problems in the financial domain;
· Proficiency in Python, Excel/VBA will be advantageous.
· Knowledge of FX and fixed Income products, options theory and portfolio theory is preferred.
· Possess excellent academic credentials;
· Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
· Be proactive, detail-oriented with a positive attitude;
· Must be able to function optimally in a high-energy, fast-paced work environment; and
· Financial experience is strongly preferred.
DESIRED CLASS LEVEL(S)
Graduate student, completing coursework towards a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Physics Major or its equivalent.
Ten (10) weeks during the summer, from June 7, 2021 to August 13, 2021.
Details to be discussed during the interview.
Interested applicants should email their resume to 2021SummerInternshipNY@adyne.com with “2021 NY Summer Risk Intern” in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Alphadyne is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alphadyne strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.