NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all Product Design Engineer Intern and related Engineer intern roles at all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, services and products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth’s Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. As an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics like the Kindle family of products and hardware. We have worked to produce innovative devices like our best-selling e-readers, tablets, Fire TV, drones, robots and other hardware. Come build the future with us.
As an engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a Product Design Engineer Intern, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, problem solve, and use communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. You must show a hands-on passion for your work, and must be able to communicate your ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, you must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Design Engineers; supporting the design, debug, validation and optimization of the products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds and gaining experience with high volume manufacturing. Some positions may require international travel.
In this role, you will:
· Research into materials and component technologies to evaluate development opportunities
· Design features and test to meet program objectives
· Conduct test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
· Detail part design and product documentation
· Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
· Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field at time of application and will have at least one quarter/semester remaining to complete degree program after completing internship
· 3D CAD experience
· Knowledge of material and manufacturing methods
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills
· Experience with ProEngineer Wildfire
· Experience with high volume/high finish CE Enclosure materials
· Experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, etc.)
· Exposure to Product level validation testing (Thermal, EMC/EMI, Shock, Cycle Testing, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.