Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building enterprise cloud computing solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Internship program with Professional Services. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, white papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone. As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events.
Come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks, starting June 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
NOTE: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
About the Role:
All of our Professional Services Consultants are positioned along tracks like:
Application Developer (AppDev) – A developer that designs applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or server less architecture.
Cloud Infrastructure Architect (CIA) – An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
DevOps Specialist – A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for customers.
Data Lake & Analytics Specialist – This role will specifically focus on data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
Data Warehouse & MPP Specialist – This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities. Engagements will include Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
Data & Machine Learning Engineer – In this role, you will work with our partners and customers with a focus on our AWS Analytics services offering such Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Athena, AWS ML, and more.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate technical degree required in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field with a conferral date between December 2022 and August 2023
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting or programming languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java, Node.js, Ruby, or TypeScript
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, hands on and related debugging
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Bash, Python, C, C++, Java, Node.js, Ruby, or TypeScript)
- Experience with AWS or related cloud computing
- Experience guiding or teaching customers, partners, or students how to best apply technology in order to meet complex requirements.
- Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher or equivalent in their academic program
- Demonstrated presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of others.
- Experience working within the software development or high tech industries is highly desired