The RN is responsible for administering the Care Plan and the patient/client’s health and wellness as indicated by the Care Plan. Assures compliance with nursing/clinical standards federal, state, and local government regulations, and company policies. This role will treat patients, when appropriate and as needed for Skilled Nursing Services.
- Follows the appropriate Care Plan in collaboration with the Director of Nursing, patient/client/caregivers, the patient/client’s physician and other care team members as appropriate.
- Performs on-site Orientation, quarterly Supervision Visits, Skill Checks and Annual Performances of home care aides in compliance with Federal, State and applicable Accrediting body Regulations and AHC Policies.
- Provides on-going instructions to home health aides during field visits including reinforcement of Standard Precautions, Client Respect. HIPPA and Safety.
- Review Personal Care Plans from Aging service Access Points, (ASAP), orienting aides in following the care plan as authorized by the ASAP RN.
- Documents services rendered and changes in client conditions and/or family and home situation.
- Communicates with ASAP Case Managers or client’s legal representative/family any concerns or issues regarding client status as necessary.
- Perform Mantoux tests as needed for Compliance.
- May discuss medication changes with physician but may not take medication orders over the phone. The call must be redirected to the patient/client’s pharmacist/pharmacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Caregiving is our Calling
Associated Home Care, an Amedisys company, is the leading provider of personal home care in the state of Massachusetts in addition to its service areas around Jacksonville, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee. From companionship to around-the-clock in-home care, our customized services are designed to bring peace of mind to individuals needing extra care for their families. Customizing care to each client’s need is an important part of the service plan and can always be adjusted as needs change.
Our specially trained nurses and caregivers are available from one to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After an initial assessment over the phone or in person, our nurse will personally visit with the client and family members to discuss the most beneficial and cost-effective services.
As a personal care team member, you’ll be a true advocate engaging clients throughout their coordinated daily living activities, all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.