American Century Investments® is a leading global asset manager with over 60 years of experience helping investors achieve their financial goals. Serving a broad client base including financial advisors, institutions and individual investors, we offer a wide range of investment strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
Privately controlled and independent, we focus solely on investment management. This empowers us to align our decisions with client expectations and concentrate on their long-term money management needs.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively managed solutions with a performance-centered approach. Our expertise spans global growth equity, global value equity, disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income, alternatives and ETFs.
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
Are you seeking an opportunity to gain outstanding social media marketing experience with a reputable firm in KC?
The Corporate Social Media Intern will learn about the financial services industry through a formal training and continual mentoring. You will then apply that knowledge to significant opportunities and real business projects.
In this internship, you will…
- Support the company’s suite of social media accounts while getting exposure to the business functionality of five major social media platforms. We have three brands spanning 10 social media handles—including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Assist with content strategy, planning, writing, editing, production, approval and publishing, and collaborate with business partners across the firm.
- Review social media conversations, activity and brand mentions across platforms, optimizing on opportunities to proactively advise business partners about those conversations and trends.
- Compile monthly measurement reports and derive insights for ways to improve performance.
- Gain hands-on experience testing ideas and new functionality to help our business partners reach their goals.
Here are some attributes that we are looking for in our next intern:
- Model the American Century Investments Winning Behaviors: Client Focused, Courageous and Accountable, Collaborative, Curious and Adaptable, Competitive Drive.
- Strong familiarity and experience with social media community management, strategy, content development and analytics.
- Curious, creative, proactive and highly responsive.
- A keen eye for detail, with a dash of independence and a desire to learn.
- Ability to pick up new tools and concepts quickly; an understanding of social media management or listening tools is a plus.
- Proven organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to balance multiple assignments and meet business needs.
Here’s what will make you standout:
- A current Junior or Senior Undergraduate student, or a Graduate student, currently enrolled full-time in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other related field of study.
- A strong and detailed resume that articulates your skills, ambition and applicable experience for this opportunity.
- A cover letter explaining why you want the role and the benefits you will bring to our team.
Here’s Why You Should Choose ACI:
- Our interns receive competitive pay as well as 401k eligibility for contributions.
- We offer a Mentor Program: a designated mentor will be assigned to you during your time with us to provide career coaching and mentorship.
- Housing assistance for any interns that join us with a permanent residence outside of the Kansas City Metro Area.
- Access to Business Resource Groups that you can ally and participate with (Diversity, Women in Finance, LGBTQ+, Emerging Professionals, and more).
- A robust social and philanthropic calendar of events hosted just for interns!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
EOE Policy Statement: American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these bases.