American Museum Of Natural History
Business Manager, Urban Advantage Program
Urban Advantage is looking for a motivated and teamwork-oriented person to join their creative work environment. The Business Manager, Urban Advantage, will work with a team of educators and developers, in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, to provide necessary business management support to the Urban Advantage program team while working under the direct supervision of the Gottesman Center Director, the Urban Advantage Program Director and the Education Operations Director.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Processing payments for vendors and contractors, including bus companies, and creating monthly reports.
• Reviewing and processing monthly partner invoices.
• Supervising the Urban Advantage Purchasing Assistant.
• Reconciling monitoring forms.
• Reviewing and processing stipends for Urban Advantage teachers.
• Providing support to UA staff, and Gottesman Center staff, to assist as needed in the delivery of the program and events.
• Assisting with research and cost comparisons for vendors to maintain cost effectiveness and quality of scientific supplies and materials.
• Associates degree and 4 or more years of work experience in accounting, finance, or business administration work.
• Familiar with standard accounting practices, and possess strong computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Extremely organized, possess strong analytical and communication skills, be able to multitask and prioritize, and have a keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter, and be comfortable managing multiple projects and taking direction from multiple sources.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of work experience in accounting, finance, or business administration work.
• Experience with Oracle business systems.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2044991
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.