American Museum Of Natural History
Prospect Research Associate
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Research and Management, the Associate will perform in-depth research on current and prospective donors to help expand relationships and inform effective engagement. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, organized, data-oriented professional with exceptional written communication skills. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform focused research regarding prospective and existing donors using subscription research databases, online resources, internal files and databases, and other resources to capture biographical information as well as information regarding financial capacity and philanthropic propensity, including analyzing compensation, stock and option ownership, retirement plans, property transactions, alternative assets, and philanthropic interests.
• Synthesize research into organized profiles for use by AMNH leadership and Institutional Advancement colleagues.
• Perform and compile research on event and program attendees, Trustee candidates, Advisory Council candidates, and other Museum groups as indicated by the Director.
• Working with the Director and other colleagues, support fundraisers’ prospecting and engagement efforts utilizing data and compiled research.
• Manage the Research team’s subscriptions, conduct daily periodical reviews, and track team workflow.
• Perform data entry, maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge database, and support the Director with other Research-related projects, as needed.
• Staff Institutional Advancement events in the evening and on some weekends, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent written skills (including editing and proofreading); ability to understand and succinctly translate information and data in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to investigate an issue and ask thoughtful questions.
• Meticulous attention to detail; superior organizational skills.
• Self-disciplined, action-oriented style. Ability to prioritize tasks to meet challenging deadlines. Strong work ethic. Flexible and collaborative.
• Sound judgment and discretion in handling and securing confidential information is essential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with relational and research databases preferred.
• Knowledge of basic familiarity with financial markets and institutions a plus.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2597281
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.