American Paradigm Schools is a non-profit, education management organization that supports and serves four charter schools in North and Northeast Philadelphia. The mission of American Paradigm Schools is to develop, manage, and support diverse school communities, who are grounded in literacy to produce academic excellence and expand opportunities for all students. Our vision is world class schools in diverse communities.
American Paradigm Schools is seeking a strategic and dynamic Math Teacher who is committed to ensuring dramatic student achievement for all students in their classroom. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavior standards.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, positive character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student.
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that teachers care for them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, text books, etc.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving Applicant must have a valid PA teacher certificate to teach Grade 8. Small group instruction and differentiated instruction required. Students should be challenged at their individual levels. State standards should be followed. A collaborative, community-based approach is necessary. Must teach higher order thinking skills and appeal to the multiple intelligences and a variety of learning styles. Instruction should be student-centered and engaging.
- Demonstrated results in improving academic performance with an underserved population of students.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Teaching Certification in an applicable content area
- Able to obtain required clearances.