ASAM is a medical professional society representing more than 6,500 members with 50+ staff and a $10M annual operating budget. It is an energetic, fast-paced organization with multi-faceted opportunities in the area of addiction medicine.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Professional Development to ensure successful creation, implementation and operation of ASAM educational programs and courses. The Coordinator will manage a variety of projects and will work closely with the Senior Manager of Professional Development, as well as other members of the education team and with course planning committees and faculty. Candidate must demonstrate an interest in working on medical education for physicians and clinicians and quickly develop a broad understanding of the ASAM education programs and priorities in work assignments.
· Provide overall coordination and logistics for delivery of high-quality education programs and courses across the country
· Coordinate faculty portal, faculty recruitment, faculty applications, and secure faculty across the country to deliver courses
· Assist with the planning of meetings, prepare agendas, and be responsible for follow-up on action items
· Prepare support documentation and submit required Continuing Medical Education (CME) activity reports
· Coordinate materials and information to be posted to Learning Management System for education courses
· Assist with grant and project reports and provide results to PI’s, committees, and grantors
· Assist with surveys and evaluations for annual reports and grant applications
· Draft correspondence as needed
· Assist with accurate and organized management of records for education activities and assist with ensuring courses adhere to industry guidelines
· Provide phone support to members for Education and other ASAM activities. Interact with members and customers regarding courses, programs, and products.
· Assist with other programs and projects as necessary as determined by the Chief Learning Officer and Senior Director, Professional Development to work with other department staff as needed on other education programs
· Open to new ideas and other duties as they arise and are assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Two years of experience administrative experience in an office environment
· Association experience, particularly in a medical society preferred but not required
· Some experience with medical organizations or education preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, coordinating projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
· Experience in coordinating online education and conducting webinars is a plus
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication, high level of organization, knowledge of basic project management techniques and customer service skills are required
· High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Resourcefulness, creativity, and initiative valued
· Looking for a serious team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy, self-starting and motivated approach to work, collaborative with others, able to stay flexible and adapt to change, and have fun with team members
Works closely with:
· Senior Manager, Professional Development and Senior Director, Professional Development
· Professional development (education) team members and other staff and members as needed
· ASAM members, state chapters, and other medical organizations to deliver programs and courses across the country
· Addiction medicine-related agencies in development of courses and/or for staying on cutting-edge of addiction medicine issues and education needs
A robust benefits package offered.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@asam.org explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position.