Great Opportunity for Virtual Hands-On Market Research Experience
Part-time, Non-paid Internship
Seeking a dynamic, team-oriented, eager-to-learn intern to join The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), www.ashp.org, market research department. The intern will apply educational knowledge to real business challenges and gain experiential learning in a professional environment. Specifically, internship will help the intern acquire market research skills and provide knowledge of market research methodologies, strategies and best practices.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and delivery of research methods and/or protocol to use in ASHP projects.
- Help carry out market research plans, data collection and research analysis to support ASHP marketing and business plans and strategies.
- Assist in the continual improvement of department processes and research templates.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with market research staff to deliver and execute qualitative and quantitative research studies. This includes designing, programming and testing of surveys, data collection, reporting, and analysis of primary and secondary research, quality control of data.
- Assist in other marketing related duties.
- Strong desire to learn
- Current enrollment in a related B.S., B.A. or Master’s degree
- Familiarity with Qualtrics or other online survey tools preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience working in a professional setting preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enrolled in an accredited educational program
- In good academic standing
- A computer (Windows or MAC – with a minimum of 4 GB of memory)
- Antivirus installed on the computer
- Internet connectivity
Named Top Workplace for two years in a row, ASHP represents pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in acute and ambulatory settings. The organization’s more than 40,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. For over 70 years, ASHP has been on the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. For more information about the wide array of ASHP activities and the many ways in which pharmacists advance healthcare, visit ASHP’s website, www.ashp.org.
Please submit cover letter and resume to ASHPFeedback@ashp.org. Please note: a letter of recommendation that attests to good academic standing will be required once the candidate moves along the interview process. Please consult with academic faculty to determine if this is eligible for academic credit. This is UNPAID.