WANTED: Equal Parts Designer, Engineer, Project Manager, and Brand Ambassador to join Amuneal’s Sales + Design Team!
Amuneal is always seeking individuals who find creativity in every solution and logic in the details. Currently, we are need entrepreneurial individuals who are as comfortable facilitating design discussions as they are working through excel based budgets and proposals. Members of our Sales + Design Team do not identify solely as designers but also as sales people, project managers, teammates, and above all else, generous problem solvers.
Amuneal is looking to add to our NYC-based and Philadelphia-based Sales + Design team. Candidates must have a passion for quality work, experience in high-end design or fabrication, and proficiency conveying design ideas through hand-sketching and software. In addition to creating design options and layouts, this role will be integral to Amuneal’s Customer Experience, developing and revising custom pricing, documenting our scope of work through written proposals, and working through the details of each project with our engineers, project managers, and fabrication team.
The role can be based in either NYC or Philadelphia (or remotely within traveling distance of either), but will include travel between the two, as required, to support our customers and our internal teams.
Working with our clients to understand our products, helping them through their design process, and ultimately developing custom estimates and proposals is roughly 60% of the role. The remaining 40% of the role is typically defined by the particular strengths of each team member, but typically includes creating new and engaging customer experiences, project management, and designing bespoke solutions within the framework of Amuneal’s product offerings.
Additionally, this multi-faceted role includes:
- Collaborating with members of our Sales + Design team, CEO, Senior Design Consultant, Program + Project Managers, Philadelphia-based Engineers and Amuneal Fabrication teams to create the best possible customer experience.
- Interfacing directly with customers, including hosting meetings at Amuneal’s New York Design Center Showroom.
- Working on design configurations, estimates, and proposals based on requests for quote from Architects, Interior Designers, Contractors, and End Users/Homeowners via phone and email.
- Providing our clients with bespoke configurations of our current product offerings based on the needs of their space and expanding them with custom solutions as required.
- • Supporting the on-going needs of our showroom and maintaining inventory to supplement visits, including but not limited to samples, marketing materials, relevant photography, A/V technology, and hospitality items like snacks and lunch 😊
- • Creating a well-rounded and wholly generous showroom experience for all visitors which includes preparing for and hosting client meetings, establishing action items, and working with our internal team to respond to deliverables with urgency.
- Acting as the customer’s first point of contact from initial dialogue through design, estimation, and final sale.
- Managing and responding to inquiries from the Showroom, website, and phone.
- • Generation of schematic sketches, drawings, and renderings to support design presentations related to team and customer requests.
- Become expert in Amuneal’s materials, products, and fabrication capabilities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to potential clients.
Required Skills + Traits:
- Clean Design Aesthetic: Ability to translate conversations into designs aligned with customers’ expectations of Amuneal’s aesthetic, product quality, and attention to detail.
- Strong Social Skills and Professionalism: Be articulate, creative, energetic, disciplined, and flexible while communicating with clients directly and representing the Amuneal brand.
- Problem Solve: Solutions to problems aren’t always apparent: must be able to think creatively and develop solutions to challenges relating to design/fabrication as well as sales initiatives. Draw actionable insights from meetings, conversations, and past experiences.
- Passionate Learning: Must be eager to learn about Amuneal’s history, projects, and processes.
- Comprehension of Basic Construction Principles: Blocking, wiring, field tolerances, logistics, etc.
- Detail Oriented + Not Afraid of Math: The details are everything in our world… candidates must appreciate the details not just in design but also in the elements required to provide our clients with accurate estimates, drawings and details.
- Diligence: Dedication to stay on top of projects and push them forward to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation/Initiative: Take ownership of projects.
- Time Management: Manage your own time and work under pressure on several simultaneous projects with a clear timeline of completion.
Please submit cover letter that details your relevant experience, resume and 5 examples of relevant work/deliverables to INFO@AMUNEAL.COM with your name and desired position in the subject line.
We are proud to be an equal access/equal opportunity organization and are committed to providing equal opportunity through our employment practices.
This role offers a salary based on experience and a rich benefits package with inclusion in the company’s profit sharing, 401k, medical, and dental programs.