Anchor Health Properties, a national full-service real estate development, management, and investment company, is seeking a Real Estate Analyst Intern to join their team. The Real Estate Analyst Intern will be part of a team that supports the Asset Management, Property Management, Development and Acquisition services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele.
Anchor Health Properties is a developer, owner, and operator of healthcare real estate, operating in multiple states across the country. Our purpose – pursuing better healthcare through real estate solutions – is what drives us. The corporate culture of Anchor Health Properties is such that every employee is expected to be an ambassador for the company represented as proactive, creative, problem-solving, and outcome oriented. Our customers are the hospital administrators, physicians, practice managers, tenants, architects, contractors and consultants with whom we develop the real estate that we subsequently hold and manage, as well as the investors with whom we acquire stabilized buildings. Our business is built entirely on those relationships and the repeat project opportunities they generate. Therefore, our expectation is that every Anchor Health Properties employee should view each contact with these customers as an opportunity to build our business and, as such, should look for ways to proactively identify the customer’s need and demonstrate active effort to address that need as professionally, quickly and thoroughly as may be possible.
The Real Estate Analyst Intern will be part of a team that supports the Investment platform of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele. The Intern will have first-hand exposure to various real estate business lines including but not limited to acquisitions, debt and equity financing, asset management, and research. The Intern will play a key support role to various members of the investment team.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with preparation and presentation of team project assignments in a clear and concise manner.
- Directly support management for special projects and assignments.
- Conduct assigned research projects and prepare informal summaries for business development and management decision purposes.
- Support acquisitions principals on sourcing and evaluating new acquisition and development investment opportunities.
- Prepare underwriting materials, including but not limited to excel valuation models, Argus files, summaries, and framework analysis.
- Work with the investment team to coordinate debt and equity financing.
- Track competitive sector trades and public REIT earnings reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess strong attention to detail, organizational skills, an energetic work-ethic, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Identify as a “teachable” employee and have a “can-do” attitude, professional correspondence etiquette, strong interpersonal skills and take “ownership”/pride in work deliverables.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to self-manage and complete tasks with a certain degree of autonomy.
- Possess strong communication and professional writing skills.
- Demonstrate fundamental understanding of core finance and valuation concepts and provide tangible examples of pursuing a working knowledge of real estate fundamentals and valuation concepts.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and financial valuation modeling is critical to success on the job. Proficiency in Argus is ideal but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with significant experience in finance and real estate coursework.
- Previous real estate private equity and/or development experience a plus.
- Salary commiserate with experience and educational achievement.