Anchor Health Properties, a national full-service real estate development, management, and investment company, is seeking a Real Estate Investment Analyst Intern to join their team for the summer of 2021. The Real Estate Investment Analyst Intern will be part of a team that supports the Asset Management, Property Management, Development and Acquisition services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele.
Anchor Health Properties is a developer, owner and operator of healthcare real estate, operating in several states. Our purpose – pursuing better healthcare through real estate solutions – is what drives us. The corporate culture of Anchor Health Properties is such that every employee is expected to be an ambassador for the company represented as proactive, creative, problem-solving, and outcome-oriented. Our customers are the hospital administrators, physicians, practice managers, tenants, architects, contractors and consultants with whom we develop the real estate that we subsequently hold and manage, as well as the investors with whom we acquire stabilized buildings. Our business is built entirely on those relationships and the repeat project opportunities they generate. Therefore, our expectation is that every Anchor Health Properties employee should view each contact with these customers as an opportunity to build our business and, as such, should look for ways to proactively identify the customer’s need and demonstrate active effort to address that need as professionally, quickly and thoroughly as may be possible.
The Real Estate Analyst Intern will be part of a team that supports the Investment services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele. The Intern will have first-hand exposure to both lines of the business including but not limited to acquisitions, debt and equity financing, asset and portfolio management, development budgeting, contract bidding and coordination as well as client, vendor, design and construction meetings. The Intern will play a key role in the communication with external and internal parties including Anchor Health Properties’ Chief Investment Officer.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist with preparation and presentation of team project assignments in a clear and concise manner
- Directly support management for special projects and assignments
- Conduct assigned research projects and prepare informal summaries for business development and management decision purposes
- Establish and maintain relationships with Company investment partners
- Support the Chief Investment Officer and acquisitions principals on sourcing and evaluating new acquisition and development investment opportunities
- Prepare underwriting materials, including but not limited to excel valuation models, Argus files, summaries, and framework analysis
- Work with the investment team to coordinate debt and equity financing
- Travel to investment markets and support market evaluation and due diligence efforts
- Track competitive sector trades and public REIT earnings reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess strong attention to detail, organizational skills, an energetic work-ethic, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Identify as a “teachable” employee and have a “can-do” attitude, professional correspondence etiquette, strong interpersonal skills and take “ownership”/pride in work deliverables
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to self-manage and complete tasks with a certain degree of autonomy
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Argus, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point- waterfall modeling skills important
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with significant experience in finance and real estate coursework
- Previous real estate private equity and/or development experience a plus
- Salary commiserate with experience and educational achievement