Anchor Health Properties, a national full-service real estate development, management, and investment company, is seeking a Valuations Analyst to join their team. The Valuations Analyst will be part of a team that supports the Asset Management, Property Management, Development and Acquisition services of Anchor Health Properties and its affiliated entities and clientele.
Anchor Health Properties is a developer, owner and operator of healthcare real estate, operating in several states. Our purpose – pursuing better healthcare through real estate solutions – is what drives us. The corporate culture of Anchor Health Properties is such that every employee is expected to be an ambassador for the company represented as proactive, creative, problem-solving, and outcome-oriented. Our customers are the hospital administrators, physicians, practice managers, tenants, architects, contractors and consultants with whom we develop the real estate that we subsequently hold and manage, as well as the investors with whom we acquire stabilized buildings. Our business is built entirely on those relationships and the repeat project opportunities they generate. Therefore, our expectation is that every Anchor Health Properties employee should view each contact with these customers as an opportunity to build our business and, as such, should look for ways to proactively identify the customer’s need and demonstrate active effort to address that need as professionally, quickly and thoroughly as may be possible.
The Valuations Analyst will be expected to work with the Corporate Finance, Investments, Property Accounting, and Asset Management teams in the execution of commercial real estate asset valuations and commercial real estate fund valuations. Whenever possible, the Valuations Analyst should strive to perform a task as completely as possible, with a goal of fully taking the complete task “off the plate” of the delegating management team member – expecting, at most, management’s review, and approval. This ownership mentality should be based in an assumption that the Valuations Analyst might have to present, explain, and defend the work product to internal and external platform and real estate ownership– and that the response to the timeliness, quality, thoroughness, format, and conclusions of the employee’s work product will form an impression of Anchor Health Properties platform.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with the Corporate Finance and Investments team to build valuation models for commercial real estate assets and commercial real estate funds.
- Perform recurring valuations for Anchor’s real estate asset investments, evaluating each on an individual and portfolio level.
- Work with the Portfolio Accounting team to develop accurate investor reporting for the investments and work with the Corporate Finance team to ensure accurate representation and disclosures.
- Work closely with the Investments, Asset Management, Property Management, and Property Accounting teams to incorporate asset activity impacting valuation assumptions. This includes but is not limited to leasing activity, quarterly distribution calculations, capital expenditure projects, and material changes in revenue, expenses, and accounts receivable collections.
- Assist the Corporate Finance team with corporate accounting tasks including but not limited to quarterly close and financial reporting, year end close and financial reporting, annual audit requests, and other monthly tasks.
- Research technical accounting topics related to asset valuations, tax strategies, and other pertinent accounting disciplines.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a high degree of proficiency conducting real estate and financial modeling in Excel and ARGUS Enterprise.
- A high level of real estate and corporate valuation acumen and familiarity with the financial reporting and audit process is preferred.
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast paced environment while managing conflicting priorities.
- Must possess meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an energetic work ethic, and the ability to accurately manage and prioritize between multiple tasks.
- Must identify as a “teachable” employee and have an adaptive, “can-do” attitude.
- Must demonstrate professional correspondence etiquette, strong interpersonal skills, and take pride in work deliverables.
- Must be eager to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred. Comparable experience or education will be considered.
- Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, real estate advisory, and/or commercial real estate brokerage or appraisal preferred.
- Specific experience with Yardi Voyager is a plus.
All interested, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Anchor Health Properties. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.