Aon Is Looking for a Health and Benefits Intern!
- Atlanta, GA
- Charlotte, NC
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits business group within Aon Risk Solutions.
Your Impact as A Health and Benefits Intern
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
Aon Health and Benefits actuaries and consultants work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits consultants bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
- 10 Week Paid Program in Offices Throughout the U.S.
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- Weekly Global Roundtables with Leaders
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Planned Social Outings
- Community Service Activity
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Client and business results oriented focus
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
- Adaptability – quick learner
- Mature and professional demeanor
- Positive attitude
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be rising seniors, graduating between December 2021 – June 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Aon Summer Internship Program
Aon’s Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
A Value Adding Program Development Plan (Curriculum)
- In addition to on the job training, our interns actively participate, along with their fellow intern colleagues, in a formal Development Plan. This provides interns:
- An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
- An understanding of Aon’s ethical standards
- Training geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
- Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
- Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
- Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events