Looking to start your career as a Health and Benefits Specialist?
Interested in empowering our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions? Consider joining the Health and Benefits team at Aon.
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
This role falls under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to coach and develop future leaders of the firm. The 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
Your Impact as a Health and Benefits Specialist
Aon Health and Benefits actuaries and consultants work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits consultants bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
Health and Benefits Specialists are often involved with the following projects which support our clients’ annual and ongoing health management needs:
- Contribute to client reports/deliverables such as Request for Proposals (RFP,) preparing data for RFP release and entering RFP data into client management systems. Work with tools on RFP and related issues
- Collect, analyze, and prepare information to facilitate requirements of client requests and/or support the activities of assigned consultant.
- Evaluateplan design and costs relative to various measures and benchmarks reported to clients.
- Gather data and enter intosummary spreadsheets.
- Set up data analysis tools
- Involvement in vendor management, including carrier follow-up, etc.
- Learn about health care market trends and major competitors; understand market basedrationale for business decisions
- Understand the relationship between time recording to profitability/recoverability
- Developunderstanding of sales process
What are we looking for?
We aim to recruit a diverse group of young professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Work or internship experience– health or insurance specific experience not required;
- Involvement inyour community, extracurricular activities and leadership roles;
- Collaborative, client-focused individuals driven by data and analytics (quantitative and qualitative);
- Project related experienceand effective communication skills;
- Solid financial acumen required, including strong mathematically-orientedprojects
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is Software skills are a plus, specifically Microsoft Excel & Access.
- An interest in the Health & Benefits industry.
Education & Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree with major in Business, Finance, Economics, Human Resources, Public Health, Communications or a related degree preferred but open to other majors. Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, should graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.