Aon Inpoint is looking for a Strategy Analyst.
Location: Chicago, IL
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Inpoint business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Chicago, IL.
Aon Inpoint is a leading global strategy consulting firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. We partner with our clients to identify profitable growth opportunities and improve operational effectiveness for their business. As a trusted advisor with unmatched experience in strategy, we deliver credible and practical solutions to empower our clients’ performance. Aon Inpoint serves clients from offices in Chicago, New York, London, Rotterdam, Singapore, Sydney, and Hong Kong and works with experts from Aon’s global network of more than 600 offices in 120 countries.
We work with our clients to understand their objectives, address their challenges, develop a deep understanding of market conditions and issues, and create strategies that drive growth opportunities and competitive market advantages.
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
A Strategy Analyst will:
- Participate in various phases of the client engagement including:
- Performing data analysis and modeling
- Preparing and participating in client interviews
- Developing client-ready materials (PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Supporting project leadership in synthesizing findings and identifying key insights from analysis of data
- Communicating findings among the internal project team
- Work with senior management to develop proposals and create marketing and business development material
- Support the operational needs of Aon Inpoint including internal initiatives such as recruiting, marketing, communications, etc.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise:
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate:
- Strong analytical abilities and a track record of academic success
- Willingness to learn and solve complex problems
- Ability to perform well under pressure, on multiple workstreams, and with tight deadlines
- Regularly identifies opportunities to take on additional responsibility and to work more efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Willing to travel at least 20%
- Willingness / ability to work internationally is a plus, but not required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2020– June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Launch Program was established to coach and develop future business leaders, this program “launches” the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. The Launch training curriculum prepares participants for success as they build relationships and explore growth opportunities throughout the organization.
The 12-month development program begins every summer with a three-day kickoff orientation at our North America headquarters in Chicago. Launch colleagues are positioned to tackle real business challenges in a collaborative environment through work assignments under the mentorship of senior leaders.
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.