ArchiMed is an independent investment firm specialized in the Healthcare industries. It is a strategic and financial partner to European and North American companies operating in the Biopharma, Medtech, Diagnostics, Life Sciences, Healthcare IT, Consumer Health, Public Safety or Care Services sectors.
ArchiMed’s international team gathers investment, medical, technological and operational experience. It works alongside management teams to accelerate their business growth, through internationalization, product and service range expansion as well as capacity extension, both organically and through acquisitions. Over the last 20 years, ArchiMed’s leadership team directly managed and invested in over 40 small, medium and large size healthcare companies throughout the world, with a combined value above five billion euros.
ArchiMed’s investment capacity currently exceeds 1.5 billion euros and potentially twice this amount when including its strategic investment partners.
- An international team (American, British, French, German, Italian) with complementary education and experience in the investment, medical, scientific, strategic and operational sectors
- Composed of alumni from: INSEAD, Berkeley, Georgetown, Bocconi, HEC Paris, Ponts et Chaussées, ESSEC, Imperial College, Dartmouth, etc.
- Professional backgrounds: Private Equity (3i, Siparex, USS Ltd, Barings, capiton), Consulting (A.T. Kearney, Bain, McKinsey), M&A (Lazard, EY, KPMG, PwC), Industry (Biotronik, Cerba, Pharmacy, Veterinary)
You will join our US office IN New York as an Analyst and will work on:
· Deal origination: Searching for companies in which an investment is likely to be made, by working in close collaboration with the business community in the US
· Market and competitive landscape studies: Construction of a knowledge base on the health industry, in particular through participation in conferences of the health industry in the US, discussions with experts from the sector.
· Financial modelling and Investment opportunity analysis: Validating the business plan of companies in which ARCHIMED plans to invest, taking external references, conducting interviews with stakeholders in the sector.
Aptitudes and Skills we look for
- Data Search and Interpretation – Persistent and resourceful in finding industry and company information. Can translate voluminous data into valuable information;
- Financial Acumen – Comfortable using modelling and frameworks to analyze the financial dynamics of various organizations. Strives to express an organization’s performance through error free numerical analysis;
- Priority Setting / Multi-Tasking – Processes information and makes decisions in a fast-paced environment. Can effectively manage conflicting demands rather than reacting to them;
- Communication Skills – Able to articulate complex situations, such as industry dynamics or deal structures, in logical, factual, and clear terms, both verbally and in writing;
- Working with Others – Inspires professionalism and confidence in relationships within ArchiMed and if required with investee companies. Maintains intellectual honesty by valuing other’s input and points of view. Pro-actively solicit opinions and ideas;
- Initiative – Expands the scope of assigned research and/or analysis when appropriate by suggesting and undertaking related activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Any EU language appreciated (French not mandatory)
- Prior experience in Accounting, Audit, Investment Banking or Consulting appreciated
- First class Academic record
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills