*This position is located at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Headquarters in Vienna, Austria*
Position ID: NE202002-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO)
Organizational Unit: Department: Nuclear Energy (NE) Division: Nuclear Power Unit: INPRO
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment: 1 year
The main purpose of the internship is to support the International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO), led by the INPRO Section Head, in the development and implementation of services, reports and other support material offered by INPRO to Member States (MS), such as for example enhancements to the methodology for sustainability assessment of nuclear energy systems (NES). In addition, directly assist INPRO staff on various projects as directed, for example providing assistance with the development of new software packages for MS, or in finalizing INPRO products such as reports and/or web-based services.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
- Support the development of computer-based tools and services offered by INPRO to Member States.
- Organise online material, develop websites.
- Perform research on technical/engineering topics as directed.
- Edit / revise technical reports. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Nuclear engineering.
- Judgement/decision making.
- Achieving results.
- English writing and reviewing.
- Software development.
- Website development/enhancement.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in nuclear, mechanical or chemical engineering, reactor engineering physics, and/or nuclear process chemistry.
- Experience with drafting/reviewing documents in English.
- Knowledge or practical training with software/websites development.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.