Arts Marketing Manager
The Arts & Cultural Heritage Division of the Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County is seeking to fill a new position for an Arts Marketing Manager. This position will initially work remotely while the Department is emphasizing telework, then will work from the Division office located in Greenbelt, MD when conditions permit. It is a part-time position, working 20-30 hours per week, paying $25/hr.
The Arts and Cultural Heritage Division operates four arts centers (Brentwood Arts Exchange, Harmony Hall Arts Center, Montpelier Arts Center, Publick Playhouse), and also presents numerous off-site concerts, festivals, and events throughout Prince George’s County, totaling hundreds of visual and performing arts programs each year. This position will be the lead of a team of three, and will be primarily responsible for copy editing, developing marketing strategies, and serving as a liaison to arts program managers. The Arts Marketing Manager will guide workflows and review the work of a Graphic Designer and a Marketing Coordinator who focuses on our newsletter and social media. The Marketing Manager will also coordinate with the Department’s Public Affairs and Marketing Division as they develop large scale marketing efforts.
· Write copy for print and digital materials publicizing arts events, performances, exhibitions, and educational programs.
· Coordinate with arts program managers and arts center directors to develop marketing strategies.
· Oversee implementation of arts marketing strategies as the marketing team lead, coordinating the workflow with other team members and under the supervision of the Countywide Coordinator of Community Arts.
· Develop strategies to promote the Arts and Cultural Heritage Division, building the Division’s identity, as well as its identity with the Department of Parks and Recreation and the identities of individual sites and programs within the Division.
· Coordinate with the Public Affairs and Marketing Division to integrate arts marketing efforts conducted by both Divisions.
· Provide guidance on content and strategies for the Arts PG Parks social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram) and the Arts and Cultural Heritage Division weekly newsletter, as developed by the Arts Marketing Coordinator.
· Create and manage content on the arts.pgparks.com website.
· Monitor and track usage metrics for web and social media accounts and online programs, and make recommendations to improve outreach and program participation.
For more information and to apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed when received and will be accepted until the position is filled.