Sustainability Consulting Intern- Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple scales of projects, while also completing environmental and social impact assessments
- Advising clients on green building technology and ratings systems (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge, SITES)
- Tracking rating system and building strategy processes, writing and editing reports, and presenting LEED or sustainability frameworks to clients, design teams, and contractor
- Sketching and digital illustrations of building concepts will be expected in order to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
- Analysis of building design strategies using 3D modeling and analysis software like Rhino, Grasshopper, and other plug-ins.
- Demonstrate research experience, as this job will likely demand both directed and individual research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a built environment design or planning field – E.E. architectural or building engineering
- Proficient in use of design software, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, DIVA, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of LEED and other rating systems
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Previous professional or academic research experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Architectural, Electrical, Building Science, Policy or other field in the built environment
- Proficient in use of software like Excel, Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, Chinese, Arabic or Portuguese
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.