We Are Hiring
*Sign On Bonus Opportunities up to $6,000!
Join our New Graduate Registered Nurse Residency Program – Cohort starts June 21, 2021.
We Offer Residency at the Following Locations:
- St. Vincent’s Birmingham (Downtown)
- St. Vincent’s East (Trussville)
Specialty Tracks Offered:
- Acute Care (Medical/Surgical – General, Orthopedic, or Oncology)
- Behavioral Health
- Step Down
12-Month Cohort Program:
- Designed to support all newly licensed and graduate nurses during their transition into practice.
- Three months of intensive didactic learning and skills development.
- Precepted shifts in acute care.
- Nine months of didactic courses.
What You Will Do
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient conditions as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nursing school, have less than 1 year experience and have an Alabama RN license (or temporary license) by start date.