Responsible for providing primarily direct behavioral health treatment services to community severely mentally ill (SMI) clients. Services to be provided include mental health screening, crisis stabilization, individual/group/family counseling, culturally relevant assessment, treatment, and clinical case management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide clinical and case management services; interview clients and family members; conduct initial and ongoing psychological strength-based assessments.
2. Develop initial and ongoing treatment plans for clients; identify and pursue necessary resources to implement treatment plans.
3. Provide crisis intervention as needed; stabilize clients in crisis including brief intervention in the clinic; arrange for hospitalization and coordinates treatment elements.
4. Conduct examinations and formulate a diagnosis.
5. Participate in clinical case presentations and peer reviews. Take the lead to coordinate with interdisciplinary team members regarding the client’s treatment progress and need for modification of service plan.
6. 65% of the time will be spent providing direct claimable services.
7. Provide services in school, home, clinic, and field settings, often independently.
8. Coordinate services with schools, county departments, community agencies, and primary care clinics in coordinating referrals and ensuring continuity of care for clients.
Consultation & Training:
9. Participate in individual or group clinical supervision meetings as assigned
10. Participate in staff meetings, training, peer review meetings, and consultations as assigned
11. Document clinical assessments, evaluations and develop treatment service plans for all clients served promptly.
12. Maintain and keep current clinical charts promptly.
13. Document and maintain clinical records per appropriate standards and regulations.
1. Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school in social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology or related field
1. Bilingual in an Asian language preferred (Vietnamese strongly desired.)
2. Experience in providing individual, group counseling, and clinical case management in API and SMI communities preferred.
3. Knowledge of cultural issues, community resources, and family dynamics preferred.
4. Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation standards preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Licensed and registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences in California as an LCSW, LMFT, LPPC or Board of Psychology and Psychological Assistant
Medical, Dental, Vision premiums 100% paid by AHS
12 Vacation Days
12 Sick Days
11 Holidays and two Floating Holidays
3% 403B Employer Contributions and up to 2% Employee Match Contribution
Transportation Benefit Paid by AHS
FSA/Dependent Care Assistance
Long Term Disability