JOB SUMMARY: This is a practical support staff of the Community Umbrella Agency (CUA) program responsible nontechnical support to the Case Manager. It is distinguished from Administrative Assistant by the latter’s responsibility to perform routine support casework to preserve the chain of timeliness of services to each case assigned to each CUA Team. It is further distinguished from direct Case Management services in that the latter’s responsibility for collection and recording of updating of information in the ECMS system (as well as other electronic record systems) and preparing client records is exercised as a support function only.
1. High School diploma, GED equivalent or Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Work or a related field preferred.
2. Proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
3. One year of general clerical experience preferably in human or social service setting.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Familiarity with the dynamics of diverse populations in low income areas
6. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
8. Ability to set priorities in critical situations.
9. Strong Customer Service insight.
10. Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission and values statements.
11. Knowledge of community resources and ability to work as a team member
12. Able to work a minimum of five (5) eight (8) hour shifts per week.
13. An applied understanding of social work ethics and confidentiality.
14. Maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
15. Must have a valid driver’s license.
16. Must pass a physical exam.
17. Criminal Background check, child abuse clearance, FBI background check, vehicular and traffic checks (PA Driver Information) and recent physical.
1. Provides transportation support of children and family when the Case Manager is unavailable, including but not limited to relocation/placement in foster homes, physician visits, dental and mental health visits and other appointments.
2. Assist with scheduling and maintaining a calendar of scheduled Case Management services such as medical, dental, mental health, home visits, etc.
3. Assist with referral, licensing and placement related duties (see Licensing and Placement Job Description.
4. Assist with all Pdrive, FACTSs, ECMS and Pweb related data entry duties.
5. Assist with ensuring HCSIS and CYD incidents that jeopardize the health and safety of children is reported in the appropriate time frames.
6. Ability to respond to on-call responsibilities without incurring difficulty.
7. Monitors children in the play area while parents meet with Case Managers, maintaining a safe environment at all times.
8. Provide data entry support as needed by the Case Manager.
9. Monitors visitation schedules to ensure that requirements are met timely.
10. Provides immediate oral reports of safety and other needs relating to children and family and provides a follow up in a written report to the Case Managers.
11. Schedule medical, dental, behavioral health and other social services related appointments. Follow up on parental compliance with scheduled appointments.
12. Monitors condition and usage of assigned county vehicles.
13. Schedules maintenance and maintains safety precautions in vehicle operation.
14. Provides routine clerical support to professional staff including filing, completion of reports, and documentation of site visits; files legal documents and serves legal notices; assists in data entry on departmental automation systems of documentation and statistical information.
15. Performs routine clerical and other tasks as assigned.
Planning and organizing Critical Prioritizing of urgent matters
Problem assessment and problem solving
Information gathering and information monitoring
Attention to detail and accuracy
APM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.